“Excellent (again) excellent staff”

Bell-Buoy Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 32 Restaurants in Baddeck
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014

All we wanted to do was sit and have a drink and talk about where to go for dinner. Whoooops. Not in Baddeck. No eattty! No drinky! Drinks with food only. The staff at Bell brought us some food stuffs and served us a drink. We were so impressed that after reviewing the menu we decided to eat there. Food was wonderful, fresh and tasteful, and served by an outstanding waitress who truly made us feel welcome. I don't think you can beat the Bell-Buoy for a wonderful meal in Baddeck. And a drink,
too !!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Looking for a low key dinner place in Baddeck, and we're pleased to find this place on the Main Street rit ext to the historic old post office. Opting for two appetizers for dinner, the spinach salad was good but become very good with the maple dressing. The mussels were quire possibly the best, largest, and freshest I have ever had in many years. Couldn't resist dessert and glad about that because the blueberry pie and fresh ice cream was a perfect finish. We were struck my the 1970s Muzak playing however....Carpenters, Bee Gees, America, Loggins and Messina. Time warp, but fun.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This Restaurant and " Supper House ", as they call themselves, is a charming place right on the Main Street.

We were a party of eight, and as soon as we entered, we were greeted warmly by two of the waitresses.Being a week-night, and off-season, the place was not crowded, and we were allowed to choose a larger table on one side.

The food was amazing, portions were adequate, and the service was outstanding.

For appetizers we shared the homemade bread and the fried clams -- both cooked to perfection.
For dinner, my husband had the salmon, and I had the fried clams. The rest of the crowd had a variety of the local seafood, and none of us had any complaints.

A trifle on the expensive side, we all gave this place an A+++ for the quick service, the great food, and the pleasant atmosphere.

We all would definitely recommend this Restaurant.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our visit coincided with the lobster season so it was freshly cooked and very tasty. The price was very reasonable and it was a good size more than satisfying my hunger. Our waitress, the manager of the restaurant, was very pleasant, polite and with a healthy sense of humour. Thank you Laura for a very nice lunch, your smiling service and above all your assistance with tying my bib!

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My husband I went in and had seafood casserole ( me) and he mentioned to the waitress he was thinking of the Captain's Choice but didn't like the deep-fried dishes. She offered to have the scallops sautéed instead, and he was delighted with his choice. He got half a lobster, a good sized portion of shrimp, scallops, and salmon. My casserole was good, too. Sauce was rich big not overwhelming, and there were good-sized portions of seafood in it. The toast vegetables on the side, homemade bread with lots of rosemary in it, and the iced tea I had were also great. Waitress very friendly and professional. Truly a great evening.