“Best Little Deli and Cheese Shop Yum”

Herring Choker Deli
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Baddeck
Cuisines: Deli, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Herring Choker Deli is a bakery/cafe/deli located just outside of Baddeck and minutes away from the start of the world famous Cabot Trail. We serve fresh homemade breads, sweets, soups, salads, sandwiches and wraps!!!
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Hands down best sandwiches when you do not feel like making your own! If you are hungry and near Baddeck stop by this family run business for one of the best sandwiches on the Island. Not hungry but want to stock up on some awesome Deli Meat, fine cheese and fresh bread for your trip on the Cabot Trail you will be happy you stopped in. There is always something good wafting through the air. You can also buy other local products. When I want something good and I dont want to drive all the way to Sydney this is my go to place. We have travelled to Cape Breton every summer for more than ten years. Stop in you will not be dissapointed.

4  Thank Deb H

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stopped three separate times to eat the lobster sandwich here. Great pastry, coffee too. Wi- fi and newspapers, an outdoor deck looking at the water across the street. Musician entertaining once too. Find it!

3  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I absolutely love The Herring Choker. The atmosphere is wonderful with a beautiful view of the Bras D'or lake. You can watch while your food is prepared. There is a great assortment of home made bread and sweets. I had their vegetable wrap and I can truly say that is was the best sandwich that I have ever had. Their portion sizes are huge, so I usually share and coupled with a shared bowl of homemade soup you certainly leave more than satisfied!

2  Thank andi5176
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stopped here twice to pick up lunch; once for the Cabot Trail & once for our way home. Gave us an ice pack to keep our sandwiches fresh till lunch. Delicious sandwiches and fabulous blueberry scones the size of a lumberjack's hand (or perhaps a "herring-choker's = fisherman's hand)!

2  Thank E D
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a must- delicioius sandwiches-have the lobster sandwich and excellent soups. The staff are very outgoing.

2  Thank Jruedy