“Pilot whales and northern gannets” 5 of 5 bubbles

Whale Cruisers
Easton, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Pilot whales and northern gannets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was a last minute decision and I'm very happy we went. We live near Plymouth MA and have gone out with Capt John (5 stars) several times so didn't think we would do one here. This being a smaller boat made it a more intimate encounter than we were used to. About 10 or 15 minutes out we spotted our first pilot whales and soon were surrounded by at least 100. Our guide (I'm guessing the capt's granddaughter) and I talked about our mutual love of watching northern gannets diving when one flew by, and when the whale action slowed down the captain found a group of them and got close enough for us to watch them. I would definitely recommend this tour. They were very nice and less money than the other tours in town. We LOVED it. Pics did not come up in sequence I wanted.

1 Thank ikefromdalton

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Seaside Whale Cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I went on the Saturday night 5:00 whale watching cruise. Luckily for me, Saturday nights are their slowest time. The boat was practically empty -- just 6 adults and 3 kids! It was great. We were all able to move about the boat and take pictures. We saw a ton of pilot whales and a few tuna. The tour guide was very friendly and chatty, as was the captain. Great way to get off your feet after a long day of hiking. You get a small % off the admission fee if you are staying at a Cheticamp motel.

2 Thank Rachel T
Laval, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“wonderful experience, lots of whales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

It was my first time whale watching and it was a great experience. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and we saw at least 6 whales 30 feet away from us. It was a great experience and I would definitely do it again.

1 Thank janet m
Ottawa, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good whale watch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Went to whale cruisers who offered a 2.5-3 hr cruise for 2 adults and 2 kids for less that $100, which suited the budget. Waves were very high and other services weren't going out, but these guys said they would....we were nervous, but the cruise turned out to be great fun, with big waves making the boat toss and turn like a roller coaster. Kids loved it and it was a beautiful sunny day - where else would you want to be rather than on the water? Coastline views more than made up for the lack of whale sightings. Because we didn't see whales, we even got a voucher for a free return trip for all 4 of us at some future date.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Rob H
Toronto, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A worthwhile cruise where you will always see whales”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is a fun trip to see pilot whales. Cal the captain went out of his way to show us a place where bald eagles like to nest too when he heard that my husband loves birds. The captain and his crew are easy going and a lot of fun and we had a great experience. I would definitely recommend it as a fun outing with experienced sailors who can definitely find the whales. The captain is quite a character with a phenomenal sense of humour.

Visited August 2013