“Had a good time but does not honor Guarantee on Whale Sighting”
Review of Captain Zodiac

Captain Zodiac
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Cheticamp
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Taken from www.novascotiawhales.com Captain Zodiac advertises "We are the only true guarantee of whales anywhere in the world,no questions asked, full refunds, if no whales are seen." This is also on there brochures and signage. Well, we did see Dolphins and we had a very good time sight seeing. The trip was a unique experience, but no whales. We asked if we could come back the next day instead of a refund. We were told "Dolphins are part of the Whale family" No return trip, no refund. Now, I'm no Marine Biologist but I know the difference between a Dolphin and a Whale. I plan on returning to Cheticamp this year this time with my children and take them whale watching, but I will not set foot on a Captain Zodiac vessel. I WILL go elsewhere. There are plenty of other Whale Watching establishments in the area.

7  Thank Aaron M
april t, Owner at Captain Zodiac, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Am sorry you feel this way about our company . However if you" did" look at my website as you stated www.novascotiawhales.com an click on the "our whales" page you will see white sided Atlantic dolphins are listed as a whale we see often as they are part of the whale family an 95 percent of my customers love watching them , where they are so fast an playful an travel in large pods

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic time!!! Had an amazing ride on the zodiac, seen lots of pilot whales and the scenery was beautiful. We try to do the Cabot Trail at least once per year and always stop for a ride with Captain Zodiac. The friendly service and thrilling ride always make us return.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Myself and my family were very pleased with the tour we had with captain zodiac. Excellent & professional service from the check in booth. Amazing experience out on the water. We seen many whales that came up very close to us for great pictures. The view of the scenery out on the water was breathtaking. The captain was very experienced to where the whales would be and promised that we were going to be very pleased. And we were! He did an excellent job, made our trip very enjoyable. I would recommend them to anyone and can't wait to get back there again for another excellent experience.

april t, Owner at Captain Zodiac, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Thank you for your feed back ! Hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 11 September 2013

went whale watching with our family in august ,with captain zodiac, had a awesome trip, seen lots of whales ,captain was very professional, the scenery was breathtaking,well worth the money , plan on doing it again next year :)

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Vacationed out in Cape Breton for a week with my husband and two children decided to try out a whale watch not knowing what the kids would think of it. We booked with Captain Zodiac and the tour was amazing, not only got to see whales but getting to see parts of the island from the water was breathtaking. I was concerned how they kids would handle the whole thing since they had never left the city before. They absolutely loved it and still won't stop talking about it! Highly recommend it!

april t, Owner at Captain Zodiac, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for the feedback! We look forward to seeing you again =)