“Went back for the French dressing”
Review of Acadian Restaurant - CLOSED

Acadian Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant by accident during our travels through Cape Breton. While the food is not fancy it is delicious. The waitstaff very friendly. We actually went back a second time just so I could have the french salad dressing again. It was delicious. I asked if they gave out the recipe but was politely refused. That was a shame because it was the best I have had.

There are newer reviews for Acadian Restaurant

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Had a light supper of meat pie and salad. Pie was very tasty, salad was fresh and their homemade french dressing was great. Our group enjoyed the cookies, butterscotch pie and blueberry cake for dessert. Food was wonderful and prices were very reasonable. Two thumbs up!!

1  Thank codysmomCanada
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Just an average restaurant, nothing bad, but nothing great either. Interior was basic. Staff were very friendly.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Very nice dining room, simple but with nice views of the water. I had the meat pie which was excellent at a very good price. Topped it off with a piece of blueberry pie which was very good too. Our best meal in Cheticamp!

1  Thank CindyMeadowVista
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Was so disappointed to see poutine râpée wasn't on the menu :( I asked the waitress about it but they did not have them but did suggest potato pancakes. While I do love potato pancakes I just had my heart set on poutine râpée.

The menu was decent but due to being with a picky eater I just order a delicious cookie sampler.

Staff was friendly, the inside was accessible, and decor and attire was cute. Just there is no poutine râpée. I later found out that poutine râpée isn't popular in the area.

Place is well worth a visit if you enjoy other traditional Acadian dishes.

Acad1enne, Owner at Acadian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

No poutine râpée?!?! I am so sorry that you were disappointed... Poutine râpée is a dish that Acadians from the South Shore of Nova Scotia are popular for, along with Rapure otherwise known as Rappie Pie. The similar dish that we serve here with the grated uncooked potatoes is the "crêpes au rapage" - potato pancakes. Acadians from all over would take the similar technique however create a dish of their own. I am happy however that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the service. We like to deliver an authentic Acadian experience, a Chéticamp - Acadian experience. :0) The cookie sampler happens to be my personal favorite. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again!! Bonne soirée