Stayed over here one night during a hiking weekend. Were excited to splurge on this historical and lovely resort. Stayed in the Inn which is a short walk from the main lodge. Inn was fine-large rooms comfy beds and nice views from second floor. Felt a little tired (eg the ice machine had a 'handyman special' switch where the original switch was, our toilet ran unless handle was jiggled, and the coffee maker didn't work) but it didn't negatively impact our experience.
Enjoyed a massage in the Aveda spa which was small but fantastic. The outdoor whirlpool was showing its age (tape holding the cover together) but the staff, treatment and the locker rooms(with steam showers, jacuzzi, sauna) were great.
Lunched in the pub while taking in the spectacular ocean views. Best burger my husband had ever had. Dined in the Purple Thistle dining room-It was very bright and felt like it needed work on the ambiance. However the service was amazing and we loved our amazing table overlooking the ocean-cant beat this view. Food was very good and the portions were modest. Left us room for dessert in the pub where a charming musician played traditional and fun songs to which we all sang along. Very engaging of the audience.
Hiked the Middlehead trail before breakfast and enjoyed the spectacular views with seals, bald eagles and other birds looking on. Earned our hearty breakfast, which was included in the room rate.
We will be back with our teens. Would be nervous on this hike with small children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic Cape Breton resort, Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa, is located in the heart of Cape Breton Highlands National Park overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Just 2 hours from Sydney, NS and a scenic 5 hour drive from Nova Scotia's capital city Halifax, the 100 room resort has been welcoming guests to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia since July 1940. Keltic offers versatility for Cape Breton accommodations with rooms in the Main Lodge, spacious rooms in the Inn at Keltic and cozy two and four bedroom cottages with fireplaces and verandas. The Cape Breton resort is the perfect spot for a Nova Scotia family vacation with recreation facilities on-site or nearby that include a heated outdoor pool, Atlantic Ocean Ingonish Beach, hiking, wilderness trails, lawn games, whale watching, Eminence Spa and boat cruises. Adjacent to the resort is the Cape Breton golf icon, the 18 hole championship Highlands Links Golf Course. The Cape Breton golf course, rich in the Scottish tradition, has been restored to Stanley Thompson's magnificent original design. The Purple Thistle Dining Room and Atlantic Restaurant and Bar overlooking the Atlantic Ocean offer a comfortable dining experience and traditional Maritime menu. The Highland Sitting Room features a pub menu for lunch and dinner and nightly live Celtic entertainment. Nova Scotia conferences are welcome at Keltic Lodge with 13,000 sq ft of meeting space spread throughout the resort utilizing the restaurants and bars for private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keltic Lodge Resort And Spa
- Keltic Hotel Ingonish
- Keltic Resort Ingonish
- Keltic Lodge Nova Scotia
- Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa Ingonish, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island