The lodge was built in 1940, I am not sure when the Inn was built, but I doubt that it was upgraded or renovate, since then.
I stayed at the Inn (the only room available that day).It is clean, though... Still smells really old. Of-course, it is not historic so it has no Old-Charm character ... So no excuse.
If your room on the lower floor, you will hear and feel every single walking step of the room above you.... With active children, kiss the sleep good-bye. The bed mattress is so bad that poor sleep and back pain are guaranteed.
You charge an arm and leg for this room, at least do something to make our stay bearable ... It truly feels like a cheap Motel room.... In all honesty.
On the bright side, when you are outside the room: the property is in a Prime spot... Beautiful nature ....
This hotel is the best in the area, so I was told, read, and being advertised... So know exactly what you are getting into before arrival.... It will be too late for regrets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic Cape Breton resort, Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa, is located in the heart of Cape Breton Highlands National Park overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Just 2 hours from Sydney, NS and a scenic 5 hour drive from Nova Scotia's capital city Halifax, the 100 room resort has been welcoming guests to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia since July 1940. Keltic offers versatility for Cape Breton accommodations with rooms in the Main Lodge, spacious rooms in the Inn at Keltic and cozy two and four bedroom cottages with fireplaces and verandas. The Cape Breton resort is the perfect spot for a Nova Scotia family vacation with recreation facilities on-site or nearby that include a heated outdoor pool, Atlantic Ocean Ingonish Beach, hiking, wilderness trails, lawn games, whale watching, Eminence Spa and boat cruises. Adjacent to the resort is the Cape Breton golf icon, the 18 hole championship Highlands Links Golf Course. The Cape Breton golf course, rich in the Scottish tradition, has been restored to Stanley Thompson's magnificent original design. The Purple Thistle Dining Room and Atlantic Restaurant and Bar overlooking the Atlantic Ocean offer a comfortable dining experience and traditional Maritime menu. The Highland Sitting Room features a pub menu for lunch and dinner and nightly live Celtic entertainment. Nova Scotia conferences are welcome at Keltic Lodge with 13,000 sq ft of meeting space spread throughout the resort utilizing the restaurants and bars for private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keltic Lodge Resort And Spa
- Keltic Hotel Ingonish
- Keltic Resort Ingonish
- Keltic Lodge Nova Scotia
- Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa Ingonish, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island