“The best day of my life :)”

Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ingonish
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I recently got married at the Keltic Lodge and I could not have asked for a more perfect day. First off I have to say that the ladies at the Spa are so nice and very friendly. My bridesmaids and I had booked the Spa to have mani's and pedi's the day before and then hair and makeup the day of my wedding and they were extrememly accomodating to all our requests.
On the day of the wedding, the Keltic did all they could to get my guests to their rooms as quickly as possible so they could get ready. My room, the executive suite, was spectacular, it was a beautiful open space with a mini loft, so we good gaze at the stars! The bed was like a cloud, I layed down on mine as soon as I checked in and I didn't want to get up!
During the wedding, the keltic staff were so great, they were there for me if ever I needed anything, ranging from ice in my room to driving my guests back to their cabins after my reception!! They were so happy and always smiling :)
The food at the Keltic was delicious, our wedding supper was a buffet and the comments that we received throughout the night let us know that our guests thought the same thing as us. I never did get a chance to eat at the Ardan restaurant, but alot of my friends and family did, and they said they had never tasted seafood so good. The next morning, in the Purple Thistle dining room there was a breakfast buffet, that had just about everything, even an omlet station and again the staff were great, making you feel so welcomed.
Getting married at the Keltic is highly recommended, having your ceremony overlooking the cabot trail and the Atlantic Ocean is so breathtaking. Our guests could not stop talking about the beautiful views of this resort, and of the excellent service. We are still getting comments 3 weeks later. My husband and I plan on making the Keltic Lodge an annual trip as they blew our expectations out of the water!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mattha5
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

Thank you for taking time out of your newly married life to leave such a wonderful review. We are so thrilled to hear that your wedding day was perfect. We are happy that we were able to make your day so special. The girls at the spa are grateful for you mentioning them. They strive to make a bride's spa experience unique and spectacular. It's great that you and your guests enjoyed the meal and the breakfast. We have gone through many changes this season so it is beneficial to know if we are meeting our guest's expectations.

The suite you stayed in is a favorite amongst brides and grooms. We want you to feel like royalty on your special day. We will pass the great review on to all of our staff to let them know how happy you are with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again next year and hope that you continue to be one of our valued guests for years to come.

Best regards.

Angela Steeves

Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed 17 September 2010

stayed here for one night on the second floor. it was a small but nice room. we ate in the restaurant which was good and they had entertainment in the pub located a short walk from the lodge. The singer was excellent and made it a very fun night. the lodge is quant and rustic and has a great outdoor heated pool. it is a beautiful property and there were saw two bald eagles sitting in trees near our room. we also went swimming at Ingonish Beach which was a really nice strectch beach. and the water was surprisingly warm! the only downside was the price. it was the most expensive of all the places we stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gimper90
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We held our wedding at the Keltic Lodge on the weekend that Hurricane Earl hit the Maritimes. It landed on Saturday afternoon, a few hours prior to the ceremony. Our rain out location was in the Highland Sitting Room, which is a beautifully decorated room with large wooden pillars and many windows. The staff was very helpful in preparing the reception hall, which had great views of the ocean over the cliffs. The staff at the salon provided excellent service for the bridal party and the salon itself is elegantly designed. One hour prior to the ceremony the main lodge lost power but the Keltic staff put into effect its emergency plan. Our reception went off as planned with no delays despite the hurricane. Staff rose to the occasion as the cooks prepared food for our guests in the dark with headlamps on. Many guests commented on how delicious the meal was and that the seafood was perfectly cooked. Great care was taken to ensure the decorated wedding cake was able to withstand the humidity and heat. It looked fabulous and again many people said it was the most delicious wedding cake they had ever eaten. Candles were placed throughout the reception hall, which created an intimate atmosphere. The staff were extremely attentive to our needs and always had smiles on despite the challenges posed by the hurricane. We could not be happier with how the wedding went and all of our guests commented on how memorable and fantastic the event was. The breakfast buffet the next morning featured many items and they were delicious. The service, food, and accommodations provided by the Keltic were excellent and we look forward to our next visit. The weather was wonderful the next day, which gave our guests the opportunity to explore this beautiful area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank littlec835
Reviewed 13 September 2010

This reminded me of a Catskill NY accommodation in the fifties. Old, dirty, thread bare, and expensive. I would not stay here again at any price.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank Travel942

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our property. We are truly sorry that we dwere unable to meet your expectations. We are continually upgrading our facilities as funds become available. We will use this information to coach our housekeeping team to ensure they adhere to our cleanliness standards. Although some areas of our property need updating, we strive to keep them as clean as possible. Once again, thank you for providing the information and we are sorry about your stay.

Angela Steeves

Reviewed 13 September 2010

I loved my stay at the Keltic lodge. The price is high true and the rooms might not meet your expectation for that price, but the location is exquisite. It totally exceeded my expectation. There is no word to explain how beautiful the location is and it is really hard to find a comparison for it. The property looks fantastic and they have placed nice chairs wherever you wished to stop by a minute. It is quite and peaceful. I was staying 4 days and I was sad to leave. I wish I could extend my stay there and enjoy the scenery even more. Did I forget to mention how good the food was? Don't miss the breakfast buffet even if you are a sleepyhead like me!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Aryoo
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I did not know what to expect of the Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa for our honeymoon. We traveled 8 hours from Charlottetown to Ingonish, hitting the Cabot Trail along the way. Although it was a long drive, it was worth the wait. The Keltic Lodge is a jewel in the middle of the Cape Breton countryside. Every night they have live Keltic music in the restaurant Pub. Colin and the bar staff there will be sure to keep you happy and entertained. Our favorite of our two day stay at the Lodge, beside the beautiful scenery, was the seafood buffet on Saturday night featuring chefs, James & Jacklyn. We had salmon, shrimp, scallops, haddock & halibut cooked in maple, cream or tomato sauces. Be sure to ask James for the sambucca shrimp. Mmm Mmm!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sparkychuck
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Recently booked specifically a 2 bedroom cottage, double checked day before arriving that we were in 2 bedroom, was confirmed. The cottages are very spacious, ours had separate kitchen, large living room with fireplace. The 2 bedrooms are on either side of the living room, Our keys would only open 1 bedroom, we checked at front desk and were told we had to rent each bedroom separately!! There was absolutely no mention of this on booking. Were also told that because they are rented separately, we could have been in one bedroom and the other could be rented out to strangers!! I can't imagine any traveller being comfortable with this arrangement, after discussion with our desk agent who booked our travel and a supervisor, we were given the 2nd bedroom at half price, over & above the original price for the 1st bedroom, we were also given voucher for buffet breakfast. On checkout our rate was adjusted to just over our original price which we were very thankful for. On returning home I checked their website and it does say that the bedrooms are sold separately, however, I have travelled extensively, and the assumption I would make is that if I booked the 2 bedroom and only wanted 1 bedroom, they would chg for the 1 and lock the second, never would I think a stranger would share. I agree with other travellers that this is an older resort, but it is very quaint and charming, along our spectacular Cabot Trail, and well worth the visit.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank brenda_bcamp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingonish
Seascape Coastal Retreat
#3 of 7 in Ingonish
Inverary Resort
Inverary Resort
#5 of 7 in Baddeck

Been to Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!