I recently got married at the Keltic Lodge and I could not have asked for a more perfect day. First off I have to say that the ladies at the Spa are so nice and very friendly. My bridesmaids and I had booked the Spa to have mani's and pedi's the day before and then hair and makeup the day of my wedding and they were extrememly accomodating to all our requests.
On the day of the wedding, the Keltic did all they could to get my guests to their rooms as quickly as possible so they could get ready. My room, the executive suite, was spectacular, it was a beautiful open space with a mini loft, so we good gaze at the stars! The bed was like a cloud, I layed down on mine as soon as I checked in and I didn't want to get up!
During the wedding, the keltic staff were so great, they were there for me if ever I needed anything, ranging from ice in my room to driving my guests back to their cabins after my reception!! They were so happy and always smiling :)
The food at the Keltic was delicious, our wedding supper was a buffet and the comments that we received throughout the night let us know that our guests thought the same thing as us. I never did get a chance to eat at the Ardan restaurant, but alot of my friends and family did, and they said they had never tasted seafood so good. The next morning, in the Purple Thistle dining room there was a breakfast buffet, that had just about everything, even an omlet station and again the staff were great, making you feel so welcomed.
Getting married at the Keltic is highly recommended, having your ceremony overlooking the cabot trail and the Atlantic Ocean is so breathtaking. Our guests could not stop talking about the beautiful views of this resort, and of the excellent service. We are still getting comments 3 weeks later. My husband and I plan on making the Keltic Lodge an annual trip as they blew our expectations out of the water!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic Cape Breton resort, Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa, is located in the heart of Cape Breton Highlands National Park overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Just 2 hours from Sydney, NS and a scenic 5 hour drive from Nova Scotia's capital city Halifax, the 100 room resort has been welcoming guests to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia since July 1940. Keltic offers versatility for Cape Breton accommodations with rooms in the Main Lodge, spacious rooms in the Inn at Keltic and cozy two and four bedroom cottages with fireplaces and verandas. The Cape Breton resort is the perfect spot for a Nova Scotia family vacation with recreation facilities on-site or nearby that include a heated outdoor pool, Atlantic Ocean Ingonish Beach, hiking, wilderness trails, lawn games, whale watching, Eminence Spa and boat cruises. Adjacent to the resort is the Cape Breton golf icon, the 18 hole championship Highlands Links Golf Course. The Cape Breton golf course, rich in the Scottish tradition, has been restored to Stanley Thompson's magnificent original design. The Purple Thistle Dining Room and Atlantic Restaurant and Bar overlooking the Atlantic Ocean offer a comfortable dining experience and traditional Maritime menu. The Highland Sitting Room features a pub menu for lunch and dinner and nightly live Celtic entertainment. Nova Scotia conferences are welcome at Keltic Lodge with 13,000 sq ft of meeting space spread throughout the resort utilizing the restaurants and bars for private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keltic Lodge Resort And Spa
- Keltic Hotel Ingonish
- Keltic Resort Ingonish
- Keltic Lodge Nova Scotia
- Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa Ingonish, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island