We stayed here for two night on the third leg of our trip to Nova Scotia. The location can't be faulted. Its right on the Cabot Trail. We did a lot of hiking locally while we were there, and it was nice to come back to relax on the deck.
The cabin is very nice, although the decoration was too modern to be rustic and too dated to be modern - Nothing major, but a few updates (a spash of color on the walls, updated furniture, ditching the tube TV for a small flatscreen) would make the cabin feel a little more luxurious. Still, the cabin was well maintained and very clean. The highlight for me woulf first be the view! Every cabin has an ocean view, and a view that would cost double or triple in another location! But, if you're looking for the best view, the higher the cabin number, the beter the view. Another plus was the deck. We enjoyed sitting out to watch the ocean each afternoon after we came back from hiking. I also loved the jacuzzi tub and taking my morning walk along the beach. The only real downside of this cabin (and the only reason I'm giving Seascape a four rather than a five) are the beds. The pillows were flimsy and the bed was too hard. For the price, I would expect a better mattress.
The site itself is very well maintained. The cabins are right next to the ovean and there's a small path to take you down to the rocky beach. There's a nice little garden with flowers and a pond, and also a hot tub.
The breakfast, included in our rate, was goo, but not the best we've every had. Between my husband and myself, we tried everything on the menu while we were there and had no complaints. I really enjoyed the oatmeal and would recommend it for someone looking for a lighter, healthier option. The service was very good also. The lady who served us at breakfast was very informative, and basically wrote out our itinerary for the day.
The location was perfect for hiking and sightseeing. Its also only about ten minutes away from the Keltic Lodge, where we went for drinks and live music. Other than the the Keltic Lodge, the restaurant picking were a little slim, and both the Keltic Lodge and the restaurant at Seascape were a little more than we wanted to spend. If we stay here again, we'll probably just buy fresh seafood and cook it ourselves on the outdoor grill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full service resort. Suitable for couples. Outdoor Spa and tranquil gardens. Free vacation planning for our guests. Full service restaurant with liquor license ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Seascape Coastal Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seascape Coastal Retreat Hotel Ingonish
- Seascape Coastal Retreat Ingonish, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island