“Definitely Stop By”

Mississauga, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Definitely Stop By”
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice little museum that showcases the history of the salmon fishery in the Margaree area. Some of my ancestors are on display there, so I had to stop in. The lady that works there is a local and very knowledgable. The $2 charge is well worth it. If you're into fishing, this place is for you. I'm not, but I still was amazed at the artestry of the items on display and the history of the area.

Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

From the outside you really don't expect a lot, I had planned on being there about 15 minutes. There is a $2 charge per person. We were fortunate enough to meet Francis there who guided us through the exhibits. She is originally from the area, a sweetheart and is amazingly knowledageable of the items in the musem and the history of fishing in the area. Regular fisherman to the area were calling while we were there just to get the "scoop" from Francis and she knows most of the folks that make the annual journey to the "Margaree"! The museum has tons of artifacts for viewing and an amazing fishing history of the area. We ended up being there an hour and a half and still felt like it could have been more. The museum helps you understand why so many people have an amazing passion for the river and the salmon that visit it!

Visited September 2011
Toronto
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Fascinating little museum”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This museum is just off the Cabot Trail, and is very near the Normaway Inn, where we were staying. Neither my husband nor I are fishers, but we thought we'd learn a bit about this activity while staying in the area. The museum is relatively small - one large room and one smaller room. It has an amazing collection of fishing flies, some of which are gorgeous - pretty feathers, coloured threads. etc. There are a lot of photos, maps of the area, wide variety of fishing poles. While we were there, the hostess was eager to discuss any questions we raised. I bought some cool earrings that had the same design as one of the fishing flies we saw in the display.

Visited August 2011