“As Good or Better than ANYTHING in NYC or Chicago”
Review of Nicki's Inn Chester - CLOSED

Nicki's Inn Chester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Richland, Michigan
“As Good or Better than ANYTHING in NYC or Chicago”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Nicki's Inn is THE place on the South Shore if you want class, elegance AND great food. I have eaten at some VERY highly rated places around the world and Nicki's is right up there with them. It isn't a large place, and it can get quite noisy. The outdoor seating is nice although we generally sit indoors (my father has allergies) and there is heat out there.

Yes, Nicki's is a bit pricy...but no one would notice if we were in a big city. You get what you pay for. There is not such thing as a bad meal at Nicki's.

Sunday there is a traditional carvery which we love. And making a decision about dessert can be a challenge...we like to all order something different and share...since our family is so large we can get one of each!

Nicki catered my father's 80th Birthday and it was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank ChesterNS

Mahone Bay
“Great food and fantastic atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is a small restaurant with outdoor seating available when the weather is warm (summer). The food is excellent and always cooked exactly as you want. The restaurant can be a little expensive, depending on how much you want to drink and eat but you can pick and choose according to what you want - i.e. have no starter or dessert if you so desire or as my husband and I did, share one starter and dessert, as I am not a big eater and don't have a cocktail but just order your wine. The choice is yours to make which is something I really like. The wine list is very good, especially for this area of Canada. I highly recommend this restaurant. Reservations are recommended as it is always booked.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank dogs123MahoneBay
“Excellent food in a lovely setting!”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We had been driving down the south shore last Sunday wondering which exit to come off for some food. I can only say we took the right turn.. Found a great little restaurant called Nickis inn. Excellent service and food.

Nova Scotia, Canada
“What a delightful find!”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Nicki's is one of those places you discover and you wonder why you haven't heard more about it - maybe its because the locals would rather keep it to themselves. My husband and I went for our anniversary, on a Wednesday evening in early June and the place was packed! Definately you'll want to make a reservation in advance. My husband had the lamb shank and I had the salmon - both were outstanding. The starter salads are delicious and the desserts decidedly decadent. Nicki herself came out to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and made the rounds. All the service staff were excellent.

• Visited June 2011