All reviews graves island provincial park nova scotia chester area ocean mist wonderful hosts golf club highly recommend this b b wonderful property blueberry pancakes overlooking the water memorable weekend ceiling fan recommend it highly other guests every morning home made
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I am sitting in snowy Ottawa, Ontario thinking of my stay this past summer at Gray Gables. The owners are lovely and the accommodations were wonderful. It is an absolutely beautiful home with awesome amenities and pristine premises. The breakfast was delicious as well. I would rate it 10 out of 10 and I would visit again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This was one of the best places we stayed in during our foray to the Northeast. Our rooms were very comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was a treat to look forward to each morning with pleasant and informative conversation a bonus. I took many pictures of the setting all around the property. We would love to stay again and highly recommend this charming out-of-the-way place.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs, but I don't think it would matter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My partner and I wanted somewhere quiet to rest after a hectic few days. This was just the ticket.

The property is located above the inlet so you get lovely peaceful sea views across a large lawn. The public rooms in the house are separate from the owners' living quarters and are kept very tidy. They are also well decorated (this even comes from my partner).

The host is very discrete. She welcomes you when you drive up and then you only see her at breakfast.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and I lucked into this place. We happened upon this B&B when another accommodation fell through. I believe we got the better deal. Great location, superb amenities, and fantastic hospitality. With lots of travel between the two of us we've experienced a variety of accommodations over the years. This place went over and above what I expected and hoped for. The owners really know what travelers want in a B&B and it shows in every last detail....including the delicious breakfast and the room treats (yum!). Our only regret was not having had more time to stay there and explore the area.

Room Tip: We had lovely room on the top floor. It had a great view...and being on the 3rd floor, we did not have to worry about noise above us. Very quiet with great airflow between the windows. Totally private. As for the location, it is in a rural setting and you'll need transportation to get to places such as neighbouring Chester. The quiet/peaceful locale, though, is worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We rate Grey Gables as an outstanding B&B, one of the finest we have ever stayed in. Dave and Jacqui were friendly and very accommodating, they even changed the normal time for serving breakfast to match our schedule. The breakfast was first class in all respects, as was the bedroom. The Grey Gables B&B, in our view, is a magnificently decorated and extremely well furnished facility operated by a very accommodating couple. We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting the Chester area of Nova Scotia.
Doug and Abby Beaman

Room Tip: The room with the King Size bed!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business