All reviewsgraves islandprovincial parknova scotiachester areaocean mistwonderful hostsgolf clubhighly recommend this b bwonderful propertyblueberry pancakesoverlooking the watermemorable weekendceiling fanrecommend it highlyother guestsevery morninghome made
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We were out for a weekend drive along the coast and discovered this absolute treasure of a
B & B! WOW, i was extremely impressed with both the grounds as well as the decorating of the interior and the hospitality of the Hosts.. Definatley will recommend this to EVERYONE for an overnight visit or longer as the ammenities are fabulous. There is even an outdoor hottub to sit in and enjoy the stars in the evening! The choices for breakfast were outstanding and the presentation of the food was worthy of being in either Magazines or on TV. I would have to rate this wonderful place (that we will return to over and over now) a 10 out of 5........ it's a MUST stay at when you are in the area or to take a weekend out of the city.

Room Tip: All the rooms we viewed were fabulous, extremely well decorated and comfortable. Clean, tidy and welcoming.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chef006
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We stayed at Gray Gables last Friday night as a post Valentine's mini getaway. The house is nicely decorated, clean, and inviting. We stayed in the Ocean Mist room, located on the main floor. It has large windows, framing a beautiful view of the ocean. The room was very comfortable with a nice bathroom, including a jacuzzi tub. This time of year, most restaurants are closed in Chester, so we had to go outside of Chester to eat- we went to the Knot Pub in Lunenburg. After dinner we relaxed in the outdoor hot tub, then enjoyed a glass of wine by the fire, just outside of our room. We had 3 choices for breakfast, I chose the yogurt parfait, and my boyfriend chose the eggs & bacon. They were served with yummy lemon poppyseed muffins. We had a relaxing weekend and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I am sitting in snowy Ottawa, Ontario thinking of my stay this past summer at Gray Gables. The owners are lovely and the accommodations were wonderful. It is an absolutely beautiful home with awesome amenities and pristine premises. The breakfast was delicious as well. I would rate it 10 out of 10 and I would visit again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This was one of the best places we stayed in during our foray to the Northeast. Our rooms were very comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was a treat to look forward to each morning with pleasant and informative conversation a bonus. I took many pictures of the setting all around the property. We would love to stay again and highly recommend this charming out-of-the-way place.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs, but I don't think it would matter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My partner and I wanted somewhere quiet to rest after a hectic few days. This was just the ticket.

The property is located above the inlet so you get lovely peaceful sea views across a large lawn. The public rooms in the house are separate from the owners' living quarters and are kept very tidy. They are also well decorated (this even comes from my partner).

The host is very discrete. She welcomes you when you drive up and then you only see her at breakfast.

Highly recommended.