All reviews graves island provincial park nova scotia chester area ocean mist wonderful hosts golf club guest rooms guests feel comfortable highly recommend this b b wonderful property blueberry pancakes every morning covered porch overlooking the water east coast ceiling fan
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I scheduled our vacation around the availability of this B&B and it did not disappoint. The beauty of the view is everything you find in these pictures and more. Chester is an excellent location between Lunenburg and Halifax should you want to venture out, but the serenity and peacefulness of the deck overlooking the bay just makes you want to stay put. Jacqui and Dave were most gracious hosts, good people, truly devoted to making our stay everything it could be. Breakfasts were a wonderful experience as well, Jacqui puts a lot of thought and practice into what she serves her guests and of course there are always options. The house was gorgeous, not a typical old B&B but a spacious, well appointed and decorated home. Like walking into a brand new beach house. Should we travel to Nova Scotia again, I would be certain to make this a destination.

Date of stay: July 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Perhaps our most relaxing and enjoyable holiday yet, thanks to the hospitality of Jaqui and Dave and the excellent accommodations. The scenery from our room and deck was magnificent and Jaqui's breakfasts were the best. We found your location quite central to many of the points of interest and the town of Chester quite unique. Hoping your scootering is progressing, Jaqui and that Dave finds that perfect motorcycle. We look forward to returning in the future and will certainly reccomend your place to our family and friends.
Bert & Sandra Waterhouse. London ON

Room tip: From our perspective, all 3 rooms have individual characteristics
Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My girlfriend came to Nova Scotia from Ottawa for a visit. She had not been to Chester before so I wanted to plan a special overnight road trip. After reading the reviews of Gray Gables, I thought I would book a night. From the moment we were greeted by Jacqui, our entire experience was excellent! She has positive energy and the pride she has in her B&B is evident. She gave us a tour of the house and made us feel most welcome.

The location is stunning and the grounds are well maintained. Gray Gables is spotless and when I opened the door to our room, I immediately thought: Now this is nice! Our room felt clean and fresh; such a positive first impression. The beds were comfy and we both had a great sleep. Our breakfast was delicious and oh so filling.

When we left, my girlfriend's first word was, "Wow!" Wanting to impress my friend with warm hospitality and a beautiful place to stay, Gray Gables did it. Thank you, Jacqui, for making this positively memorable!

If you're wavering in your decision as to where to stay in Chester, this is the place!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Evan D
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We just stayed at the Gray Gables for two nights at the beginning of our trip to Nova Scotia. What a treat! The room was amazing, very comfortable, relaxing, with an amazing view of the harbor. Beautiful sunrises were seen from the deck both mornings while I sat and sipped coffee. The breakfasts were fresh and tasty and allowed for hours of conversation with the other guests and host at the table if you let the time slip away. Also, we enjoyed meeting their three wonderful dogs that were in the yard though if you are not a dog lover they are not a presence at all in the house (we love dogs!). The two days allowed us to relax from the busy city life and begin to enjoy all that Nova Scotia has to offer. Jacqui and Dave are amazing hosts and we hope to come back again soon as our time here was too short!

Room tip: We stayed in the Ocean Mist on the second floor which is actually the first floor of the B and B so there are no stairs to climb minus the front stoop.
Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The Gray Gables can't be beat...of all the B&Bs we have stayed at during our travels, this one is THE BEST!! Beautiful home, comfortable and clean; lovely surroundings; fabulous breakfasts; warm, inviting hosts....what more can one say!? We were sad to leave! Diane & Paul

Room tip: we stayed in the Lighthouse Room due to personal taste in decor, however any of the rooms would be excellent.
Date of stay: May 2013