“A wonderful place to stay”
Review of Mecklenburgh Inn

Mecklenburgh Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Large spacious room, walk anywhere in town, the owner is very friendly and a top notch chef. This small hotel is a wonderful place to stay. Pillow top mattress was the most comfortable bed I ever slept in after my own.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2010

Suzi really helped me out on my fundraising walk around the province. My husband and I have stayed there several times and are always taken with how luxurious the rooms are and how every detail is in place - it's a real romantic getaway. On this trip I had to leave very early in the morning and Suzi made her full pantry available to me. She's a great person, so easy to talk to and helpful, knows everything there is to know about Chester and is a certified chef! When I'm at the Mecklinburgh I really feel like it's my home. Oh, and the balcony overlooking the street with the hammock for afternoon naps is fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Spent one fabulous night here - it was a Sat night so the dreaded mail truck wasn't around. Great decor, warm friendly hostess, Suzi, who cooked a lucious breakfast. The other guests with whom we shared the delightful breakfast were all "return"guests. I can see why and can't wait til we stay with Suzi again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Great food, convivial atmosphere, historic house in an excellent location. Even the smallest of the several rooms is quite comfortable. This is a fine spot to use as a base to explore this segment of the South Shore. Have to say, it made our trip. Great job, Suzi Fraser!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2010

The Mecklenburgh Inn has bright victorian rooms with ALL the modern conveniences you can't live without. Suzy, your innkeeper, has done the inn's restoration so that it has all the comforts of home..plus her gourmet breakfast is to die for!! We were spoiled for the rest of our trip!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mckeepf
Reviewed 29 September 2009

This is a great character century inn in a neat little town with an owner who makes the most amazing pancakes I have ever tasted. I'm not a big fan of pancakes but I didn't even put Syrup on these. I would be happy to live here. A great collection of quilts, the little shops and when one of the other guests asked a question about the type of fish caught in a particular lake in Cape Breton, the host said her mum and dad spent a lot of time in that area and called them up to ask. Don't miss this place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2009

great place to stay.we had 6 days in chester for a wedding and sightseeing.it was very welcoming to come home nightly to a warm residence and enjoy a delicious full breakfast daily.coffee, tea and home made cookies at all hours.heaps of characters to meet and discuss the days agenda. suzi,our landlady,does everything possible to ensure your stay is more than comfortable.would highly recmmend.
arthur basha and ann hall
cairns
australia

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Been to Mecklenburgh Inn? Share your experiences!