“Dont order the fish”

Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Chester
Halifax, Canada
“Dont order the fish”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stopped in for lunch on the way to a golf tournament with some friends. Nice atmosphere and very friendly staff.
I ordered pan fried haddock and mashed potatoes. Took a couple bites of fish and realized it was definitely "off" . Been sitting around for a day too long. I never complain in a restaurant ever. However when the waitress came to collect the plate she noticed the uneaten fish and asked me if there was something wrong, and I replied yes actually the fish is off. She consulted with the cook and they couldn't figure how it was bad. They didnt offer to take it off the bill either. Probably wont be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank darren6060

Chester, Canada
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have often gone to the Stretch Diner. The owners and staff there are really nice and friendly. I enjoy their big Stretch Breakfast. It is awesome, and it doesn't matter what time of day you would like to go and have it. The rest of their menu is really tasty also. They make all home made pies and things. Fish and chips are really delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone, and by the way their decor is really awesome with all the model cars and pictures.

• Visited January 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Adorable, affordable diner”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Having read the reviews of the Stretch Diner I decided to stop in for a late breakfast one weekend. It is a cute little '60's style diner with comfort food and reasonable prices. I had steak and eggs for about $7.00.
It doesn't look like much from the outside and you have probably passed it a million times if you travel this route. Give yourself a treat and drop in. The deserts looked amazing so I'll just have to go back one afternoon!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Acadia80
Kingston, Canada
“Lighthouse route gem”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

It might not look it from the outside but this sleepy little diner turned out to be a real gem.
It's the type of diner you hope to find when you're out on the road.
Has the usual basics: burgers, clubs, hot sandwiches, fish chowder and more, plus a warm and friendly staff.

The entrees were very tasty but better yet were their homemade pies.
We had the coconut cream and it was probably one of the best we have ever enjoyed.

We've been telling everyone how much we enjoyed our visit here. The only negative is that it is so far from our home in Ontario.

Visited August 2013