“Not just for croissants...”
Review of Julien's - CLOSED

Julien's
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 5 August 2013

All this talk about how Julien's is so French is fine. But, they make the best bagels we've had since NYC in the 70's, and their sourdough baguettes are fierce. The bacon alongside a light, airy and utterly non-oily omelette was terrific, meaty and flavorful (the sausage that "came with" seemed out of step, though tasty). And that was one ginormous tub of latte! Well-spaced tables but a fun, lively atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our lunch here. I had seafood chowder which was yummy! My kids had ham and cheese croissants which they labelled as exquisite!! My husband had the special, turkey club and cream of brocolli soup, which he said was good but not amazing. The yogurt parfait was also sampled and declared delicious!! Cute place, lovely staff!!

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Julien's French Bakery in Chester is thousands of miles from the bustle of the Paris streets but the atmosphere is instantly transported. I often pop in for a morning bowl of cafe-au-lait and a croissant. The patisserie are to die for whilst the selection of bread is first class in both variety and quality. A few minutes from the harbour it is a lovely spot for Sunday breakfast. It is open until early January and reopens in March.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I can't remember what I had here, but I know it was very delicious. We had dessert also and shared bites with each other. That was fun. The desserts were delicious and the service was prompt and very pleasant.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

So happy we stopped. We had to buy a couple of loafs then we learned that they go to the market in hubbards so we deffenatally know who were getting our bread from :)