“Love this funky cafe”

Cuisines: International, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have stopped here before and always recommend it to everyone.
Great local food, good service and the ambiance perfect for those of us who enjoy something a little more interesting.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

While exploring the area between Halifax and Lunenburg, my husband and I had a late breakfast at “The Kiwi Café”. We loved the outdoor seating on the deck and the coffee was delicious.

My husband tried the “Grilled Vegetable and Goats Cheese Panini” and I had “Delicious Omelet and Toast”. I could choose three items out of 18. Both dishes were prepared with fresh ingredients and tasted delicious.

Our server was super-friendly. My husband ordered a second cup of coffee and had to wait a long time. We did not complain. But when our server brought the coffee she apologized and told us that we wouldn’t have to pay for it. We could tell that she was really sorry about the long waiting time and that the restaurant’s highest priority is customer satisfaction.

We highly recommend “The Kiwi Café” and will definitely visit again if back to the area.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Ambiance, food and service are all excellent...... definitely the best in Chester if not in all of Nova Scotia. All the food is good but I definitely recommend the Lobster Roll definitely the best around.

All the other food options were good and we all enjoyed the food and experience..... went back twice and will definitely return next time we are in the area!

1  Thank MTCB
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I had lunch al fresco prior to a matinee performance at the nearby Chester Playhouse. My wife chose the 'Thai Squash', expecting it to have at least some Thai flavour, but it was very bland. We mentioned it to our server, who was very apologetic, saying she normally tests the soup but had neglected to do so. She was as surprised as we were, and handled the situation perfectly by not charging us for our coffees.
I had eggs Benedict with smoked salmon that were just the ticket.
We would have no hesitation at trying the Kiwi again - I think my wife's experience was an anomaly. I was especially impressed at how grateful our server was for our comment - she was horrified at the oversight, and obviously showed the restaurant's attitude towards customer satisfaction.

2  Thank CanadianBadGolfer
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I ate both a weekday lunch and a Sunday breakfast at the Kiwi Cafe in Chester. The food was very good and the staff friendly. When I went in on Sunday, there was live music (Jazzette). Not sure how often there is live music in the cafe, but it was a wonderful surprise. I would definitely eat at the Kiwi Cafe again.