“Wonderful Spot, and the Kiwi Brownie is DELICIOUS”
Review of The Kiwi Cafe

The Kiwi Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Chester
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, Soups, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Halifax, Canada
“Wonderful Spot, and the Kiwi Brownie is DELICIOUS”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

SO and I stopped here on our way home from Risser's Beach. He had the fish cakes and an Arnold Palmer, and I had a lemonade and a lobster roll. The food was lovely. The fish cakes were very light and fresh; the lobster roll was delicious; and the little salad they served with each main was very good (their house dressing could not have been better). I took a kiwi brownie home as a snack, only to find out that it may be the best brownie in the province. I should have bought a dozen!

The patio is lovely, and all of the staff are very friendly and warm.

They could use another bathroom, but I suspect this is a limitation of a heritage building. The parking lot beside the cafe is a bit of a laugh, as each spot seems to be reserved for a lawyer from the law office across the street. We didn't have any problem finding a spot nearby.

We will very happily stop in again the next time we're in town. Oh, and they have all-day breakfast! Which we'll probably have next time.

• Visited August 2014

Keflavik, Iceland
“Great atmosphere and healthy food”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Great place to meet the people of Chester and those who are visiting. Enjoyed a very good fruit smootie and sunny side up eggs along with warm pancakes. Friendly service and really liked the design of the café.

Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this funky cafe”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have stopped here before and always recommend it to everyone.
Great local food, good service and the ambiance perfect for those of us who enjoy something a little more interesting.

Visited July 2014
Rottenburg am Neckar, Germany
“Great Place – Delicious Food”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

While exploring the area between Halifax and Lunenburg, my husband and I had a late breakfast at “The Kiwi Café”. We loved the outdoor seating on the deck and the coffee was delicious.

My husband tried the “Grilled Vegetable and Goats Cheese Panini” and I had “Delicious Omelet and Toast”. I could choose three items out of 18. Both dishes were prepared with fresh ingredients and tasted delicious.

Our server was super-friendly. My husband ordered a second cup of coffee and had to wait a long time. We did not complain. But when our server brought the coffee she apologized and told us that we wouldn’t have to pay for it. We could tell that she was really sorry about the long waiting time and that the restaurant’s highest priority is customer satisfaction.

We highly recommend “The Kiwi Café” and will definitely visit again if back to the area.

• Visited June 2014
Blaine, Washington
“EXCELLENT.... AND THE BEST LOBSTER ROLL AROUND!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Ambiance, food and service are all excellent...... definitely the best in Chester if not in all of Nova Scotia. All the food is good but I definitely recommend the Lobster Roll definitely the best around.

All the other food options were good and we all enjoyed the food and experience..... went back twice and will definitely return next time we are in the area!

• Visited July 2014