“Great airport hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed 20 October 2013

As I always do with my visits to Nova Scotia, I stayed here for my last night of my trip. The hotel is situated near the airport so it makes for a quick drive in the morning. The rooms are very comfortable and modern. If you are on the front side of the hotel you may notice the airplanes taking off sometimes. It was not that loud in the evenings for me. The service was very nice as well.

One of my favourite features I always enjoy is the little market where you buy a drink or snack. There are no stores nearby so it's nice to not have to go very far after I've settled into my room. I didn't try the breakfast the last time I stayed but previous times I've grabbed a couple of items before heading to the airport.

I rented a car this time and I noticed the parking lot can get busy so I found a nice spot around the back. sS if you can't find anything good out front there's plenty of room behind the hotel and it's less busy.

All in all it's a very nice and consistently good stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you Heather D for your great review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the snacks in our pantry and how close and convenient we are to the airport. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in Halifax.
Safe Travels

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions and find the same great service and staff each time. The rooms are clean and fresh smelling. The hot breakfast has everything you need to start your day. Highly recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovesheldon

Thank you Joan H for your kind review. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service and facilities.
See you next time!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at this location in Late September 2013 while waiting to catch an early flight to the Caribbean. The staff are super friendly and honest. We had booked our room well in advance, upon arrival the rate we originally paid online had dropped by close to $30. The clerk made us aware that there was a rate drop and adjusted the price point to reflect the current rate. There aren't very many merchants left on the planet that would be willing to be up front and honest with a customer knowing that they will bring in slightly less revenue by being honest.

The hotel is very clean, the beds are comfy, and they have a free shuttle that runs to the airport 24 hours a day. There is a nice restaurant in the Hotel next door if you need a meal before settling in. They have very reasonable park & fly rates if you are travelling for more than a few days. If you are flying into or out of the Halifax area, you won't regret spending your money to stay at this location. Just by by honest with me and my wife regarding the price when I checked in, this hotel is now my #1 location to stay when flying from the Halifax airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Wow!! Thank you CommanderRyker for your excellant 5 star review. I am glad to hear that our front desk staff provided you with such great customer service and honesty. Thank you for choosing our hotel to be your #1 choice when staying in Halifax!
Cheers!!

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. It is not posh, so it gets 4&1/2. Free hot breakfast, close to the bus line (just a couple of bucks to get to & from downtown), good gym, nice pool, comfortable clean beds & room, & nice staff. I like this place.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you Christie K for your great review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that we can welocme you back the next time you are in Halifax.
Safe Travels!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel which if close by the airport provides the travelers with the perfect comfort level they need prior to departing and after arrival.The level of comfort the rooms provide is excellent .Stayed at the hotel only for about 20hours but it provided great room service and food quality was also excellent .

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you RSM169 for your great review!! We do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for
Cheers!!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I had a late arriving flight from Toronto and was looking for a hotel close to the airport and this hotel provided me with a free shuttle pick up at 3 AM which is not all that common. Upon arriving, the parking lot was full which is always a good sign of a successful operation. I found the room was spotlessly clean and I had a very quiet sleep. The only negative I experienced was that the washroom was a little on the small side and there was only a shower . . . no tub. Also there was evidence of some mold around the shower.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you KentuckyColonel for your honest review. Our 24 hour shuttle service is definitly a great service that our hotel offers. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
Cheers,

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed at Hotel upon midnight arrival; repeated stay for 4:00 AM departure 2 weeks later. Bathroom very well lighted. Toilet tissue was a 30" reach from the toilet; a bit far for my short wife. Attractive pictures on walls. Matching drapes and valance.
Hot drinks (chocolate, tea, coffee) and muffins at 4:00 AM were much appreciated.
Airport arrivals and departures are displayed in the hotel lobby,. We were shocked to learn that our flight was canceled. The hotel staff let us use their desk phone to arrange for alternate flights - a welcome service!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you smoked333 for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hot drinks and muffins that we offer for our early departing guests. The arrival and departure screens are appreciated by many of our guests as well. I am sorry to hear of your flight cancellation but happy to hear that the front desk agent was able to assist you.
Safe Travels
John Duggan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Comfort Inn Halifax
Comfort Inn Halifax
#20 of 28 in Halifax

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!