“Simply where you should stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed 7 January 2014

AS a travel agent this is my choice. It's so service catered to travelers and they have a great free morning buffet. With free transport to the airport and free parking for two weeks its almost free to many compared to parking.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
John D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Wow! Thank you Seaslider for your 5 star review. I agree that we are THE place to stay here at the airport and we are great value!! I hope to welcome you back soon.
Safe Travels
Cheers

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night of December 9th. We arrived in a snow storm and the hotel shuttle was still running on schedule, I was impressed! The hotel staff were friendly and accommodated our luggage after we arrived and had to leave right away to return our car rental. Our room was nice, the beds and pillows were comfortable. I only wish we had more time but we arrived late and checked-out very early for our flight the next morning. Even with snow still on the ground, the hotel shuttle was still on schedule to the minute. Because we left so early in the morning, we didn't take the time to enjoy the breakfast but we could smell the bacon as we wandered out of the lobby. The hotel is an excellent choice for proximity to the airport and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this location to every traveler that I know :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank-you for taking the time for responding Joanne S, it sounds like you experienced the service that we pride ourselves on. I am happy to see that you had a great overnight stay with us.
I hope to welcome you back soon.
Safe travels

Cheers

John Duggan,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel was fairly new and very clean and comfortable! The hotel staff helped us with a lot of questions about the area including our need for directions and maps. Breakfast was wonderful and fresh each day. Appreciated having such a great place to come back to after sightseeing for a couple of days. We opted for an upgrade to a larger room/suite and thought it was well worth it for the extra space.

Room Tip: Opted for a suite which was very nice and we appreciated the extra space!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank-you for the top score review Jardindemichelle! We are glad that you got to take advantage of all of our hotel amenities. Thank-you for recognizing our amazing staff, we hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Used this hotel for one night After landing at Halifax Airport. Free shuttle bus service running every 30 minutes was a great help. Typical North American hotel in terms of high quality, clean room with huge comfy bed. Restaurant with straightforward menu, but the food was well cooked and very tasty. Good value for money.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Turbinetraveller
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you Turbinetraveller for your kind review. I am happy to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Our returning guests do find that it is good value to stay overnight and park when they are travelling since the airport is only minutes away and we have a free shuttle service.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Safe travels

Reviewed 20 October 2013

As I always do with my visits to Nova Scotia, I stayed here for my last night of my trip. The hotel is situated near the airport so it makes for a quick drive in the morning. The rooms are very comfortable and modern. If you are on the front side of the hotel you may notice the airplanes taking off sometimes. It was not that loud in the evenings for me. The service was very nice as well.

One of my favourite features I always enjoy is the little market where you buy a drink or snack. There are no stores nearby so it's nice to not have to go very far after I've settled into my room. I didn't try the breakfast the last time I stayed but previous times I've grabbed a couple of items before heading to the airport.

I rented a car this time and I noticed the parking lot can get busy so I found a nice spot around the back. sS if you can't find anything good out front there's plenty of room behind the hotel and it's less busy.

All in all it's a very nice and consistently good stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you Heather D for your great review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the snacks in our pantry and how close and convenient we are to the airport. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in Halifax.
Safe Travels

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions and find the same great service and staff each time. The rooms are clean and fresh smelling. The hot breakfast has everything you need to start your day. Highly recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan H

Thank you Joan H for your kind review. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service and facilities.
See you next time!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at this location in Late September 2013 while waiting to catch an early flight to the Caribbean. The staff are super friendly and honest. We had booked our room well in advance, upon arrival the rate we originally paid online had dropped by close to $30. The clerk made us aware that there was a rate drop and adjusted the price point to reflect the current rate. There aren't very many merchants left on the planet that would be willing to be up front and honest with a customer knowing that they will bring in slightly less revenue by being honest.

The hotel is very clean, the beds are comfy, and they have a free shuttle that runs to the airport 24 hours a day. There is a nice restaurant in the Hotel next door if you need a meal before settling in. They have very reasonable park & fly rates if you are travelling for more than a few days. If you are flying into or out of the Halifax area, you won't regret spending your money to stay at this location. Just by by honest with me and my wife regarding the price when I checked in, this hotel is now my #1 location to stay when flying from the Halifax airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEHFXManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Wow!! Thank you CommanderRyker for your excellant 5 star review. I am glad to hear that our front desk staff provided you with such great customer service and honesty. Thank you for choosing our hotel to be your #1 choice when staying in Halifax!
Cheers!!
John Duggan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax-Bedford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!