Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here for a week and was treated as a valued guest. Staff were friendly and helpful. Thank you very much.

The property is located very near the airport with a restaurant at the Hilton next door. Both properties owned by same company with shared shuttle service. Nothing special about the property as it is more of a transient hotel with long stay for those who have business near the property. There are no services in the area. Shopping and entertainment are about a 15 min drive away. The biggest advantage is the quiet … had a good rest. Bed was nice n soft and pillows are polly filled, so a little notty.

TV selection is good and there is plenty of hot water. The only issue I had was the mixing valve in the shower is very sensitive, so be careful and adjust the water temperature prior to jumping in. I think its because the cold water is VERY cold. Water conservation and recycling are a big thing around here so don’t expect the water to knock the day off the body.

Breakfast is standard HIE fare but a cooked breakfast is available at the Hilton for $14 Canadian. The staff at the Hilton restaurant are very nice as well.

This property also offers long term parking for those who require those services.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
John D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you Kenneth H for your kind review. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant week stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back again soon. Thank you for choosing us!
Cheers for now.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel to park and fly. It was our first time at this hotel. It was excellent. We had a late check out and could stay in the lobby or breakfast area to wait for the shuttle. Staff were great. Nothing bad to say about this hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Wow! Thank you Musgrave07 for your 5 star review. I was happy to hear that you had an overall great experience with us.
I hope to welcome you back soon.
Safe Travels
Cheers

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed 25 April for one night before our 2 week vacation. Booked king whirlpool room again and well worth the upgrade. Included two weeks parking with airport shuttle. Only issue is for early flights, too early for breakfast, something other than coffee should be available, like muffins, yogurt, breakfast bars, etc. Another issue this time is on our return we were dropped off at the hotel lobby and another van was to take us to our parked car... Very poor. Why did you change from the airport shuttle driver dropping us off at our car to having to take another vehicle and re load luggage to the parking lot? Crazy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thankyou DeniseatBeach for your candid comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our whirlpool suite. The usual procedure to pickup your vehicle after parking with us is to be picked up at the airport and taken to the front door of the hotel where you and your luggage are off loaded. The airport shuttle then retuirns to the airport. Our parking shuttle then transports the driver of the vehicle to the parking lot where they retrieve their vehicle and return to the front doors of the hotel to load the luggage and other passengers. I apologize if the procedure was not communicated properly by our transport team.
I hope we can welcome you back again soon
I wish you safe travels until then,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is a very basic hotel, but with most in-room amenities. It has a dependable shuttle service to the airport, the rooms are clean and quiet, and the staff friendly (although most were trainees and I heard some misinformation being given to travellers about flights and times to get to the airport - my advice, don't answer a question if you don't know the answer!) . It was a stormy evening and the option for food is at the Hilton next door, which is definitely not as convenient as a place in the same location. There is no room service, few options for snacks, and no bar or coffee shop (beyond breakfast). The line-up for the shuttle in the morning for early flights was long - one of the shuttles had broken down (not the fault of the hotel per say, but for people needing to get to the airport, a Plan 'B' is always needed). Given the lack of food and drink available in the evening, the next time we'll try either the Hilton or the Alt Hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear ToTravelIsBrilliant,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your detailed review. The Holiday Inn Express hotels do not have a full service restaurant and roo, service. We offer a complimentary breakfast in the morning. IHG offers a variety of options for what you are looking for. Our Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza hotels are full service hotels with a full service restaurant on property.

We apologize our Holiday Inn Express was not the right fit for you. We are also very sorry for any problems you experienced with the hotel staff service and our shuttle service. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed for 3 nights for business in the area. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast had a good variety, and was in a big bright room. I really liked having tea/coffee and hot oatmeal available all day. Bed was very comfortable and I got a good night's sleep. I went to the Hilton next door for dinner one evening. It didn't other me at all to have to walk there because it's really just a few steps away. It was in the middle of a downpour when I was trying to get there. The front desk agent said that the next shuttle would be about 20 minutes, so I decided to run over in the rain rather than waiting. She gave me directions on which entrances to use - I found out on the way back that there was a quicker more direct way that would have meant less time out in the rain! When at the Hilton, a woman approached me and asked if I was staying at the Holiday Inn. She said she and her husband had seen me running over from there. She told me they too were told that it would be 20 minutes for the shuttle. They waited. But once on the shuttle, the driver said he didn't understand why the front desk agent didn't just call the shuttle that was just around the corner, apparently waiting there for that purpose! Overall, a convenient comfortable to place to stay and I would stay again if in that area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear nsbeachgirl69,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is great to know you appreciate our staff, the breakfast and the beds. My apologies for any disappointment you may have had with the shuttle service. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was my second stay here and it was great. We were able to check in early and our room was ready and very clean. We had a girl who was in training check us in and she was excellent. I think you may want to give her a normal name tag. She answered all questions and was very helpful and she took maybe five minutes to get us our room. We even used the long term parking deal with room and parking included in your hotel stay and we had no problems. My husband enjoyed being able to take my youngest down to the breakfast room to play some games and do a puzzle while I had to get our oldest ready for a competition. The pool seemed nice though we did not get the chance to use it. The shuttle service to the hotel was great. Overall a great hotel for those who need to be near the airport and use the shuttles and park a car! Kid friendly too!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
John D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Wow! Thank you Saundersfaml for your 5 star review. I was happy to hear that you had an overall great experience with us again. We do endeavour to ensure all of our guests have a great visit with us especially the children.
I hope to welcome you back soon.
Safe Travels
Cheers

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a standard Holiday Inn airport hotel - very comfortable, good breakfast, good room - all you need. Good laundry facilities. Also business centre computer. Good overnight stay waiting for a flight. Our room had a view out over the pine trees.
We had our tour company drop us at the airport for free rather than staying overnight in Halifax and us paying for a taxi to the airport (a long way from town) next morning.
The hotel has a shuttle every half hour to and from the airport. There is no restaurant but apparently the hotel next door has one. There are no shops nearby. We just snacked in our room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Adrianne K for your kind comments. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel convenient for your needs and your stay was satisfactory.
I hope we can welcome you back again soon
Safe travels
John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax-Bedford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!