Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
HIExpress.com
US$164
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewshalifax airportevery half hourshuttle servicefree shuttlenova scotiathe holiday innearly flightnext morninglots of parkingfront desk staffbusiness centerrental carminute drivegreat place to staythe hotel is cleanone night stayhot tub
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed at the Hilton as we had an early morning flight that offered free parking for the week we were away... well not really free, but still a pretty good deal. The rooms and pool were clean but extremely small. We decided to eat at Tim Hortons at the airport since a free breakfast was not included in our rate (which would have been nice). Shuttle service was excellent!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank wolfville
DavidajClark, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay.

I will speak to our Guest Service Department to remind them that there is always an add on to any package if guests want breakfast included. There is normally a $13.95 charge for breakfast, however, we have add ons available which may include breakfast for up to 4 guests in a room for as little as $10.00 (for 4 people). Great value for made to order hot buffet and buffet cold breakfast.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed here one night as we had a very early flight. I used my points for this stay and was told by email that I could not park my car here because I used my points however upon arrival the girl asked me if I would like to pay 29. dollars to park my car for the week. Delighted!! Not sure why they just didn't tell me that in the email. Room was clean and comfortable. Shuttle worked well to and from the airport although very cold on our return waiting for it. Did not get to take advantage of their breakfast. Stayed at the Holiday Inn next door last year and would say they are both comparable except no restaurant at the holiday inn but believe they said you can use the one at this Hilton. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

I am please to read that you enjoyed your stay and chose to stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

All the best.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Arrived at the hotel at 1:30 in the morning by shuttle and was well looked after with no hitches. Room was nice, staff very accommodating and the breakfast was second to none. A bit pricey for off season overnight stay but very convenient.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 January 2014

During a winter visit I was not impressed. We arrived at 22:30 and the plow people were just removing snow. The lot was full. I found a parking place, but it was snow covered and the plow had a large pile of snow in front. I got out to shovel. The plow person parked behind my car and just watched me. Strike number 1. All of the other tenants when the plow was finished had a large pile of snow in front of the vehicles, so many would not have been able to get out when they wanted to. The food was good. We requested a wake up call. It did not happen. The room next door was very loud with people talking and the TV blaring well after 01:00 keeping us awake. The room had a heat exchange system which cut in every five minutes and woke me up every time. Between going to sleep and getting up at 03:00 in the morning, I got maybe one half hour sleep. The bed was very uncomfortable for the price that you pay for a hotel that you expect to be better.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay.
Unfortunately, the night of your arrival was one of the worst snow storms we have seen in this area for quite some time. To put things in perspective, almost every business was closed due to the poor weather conditions, including public transit, shopping centers, all flights for most of the day and even the snow plows were off the highways for a portion of the storm. With this in mind I am sure you can imagine the challenges our staff had while trying to make their way to work to ensure that services in the hotel were maintained at an operational level. The hotel never closes, no matter what the conditions are and as a result our employees risk their own safety to be here to assist wherever possible. With 30+ cm of snow that was blown around with very high winds it was certainly a challenge to keep the driveways clear and at times it can become almost impossible. I apoloigize that we didn't have a spot cleared for you upon your arrival, however, I can assure you that all staff were doing the best they could under the conditions. The plow late that evening was operated by a hired company. Unfortunately the hired company does not assist with shoveling out individual vehicles. That said, our desk staff will make every effort to have someone assist with shoveling. Unlike shopping center parking lots, a hotel lot is a live lot, meaning that vehicles don't leave which allows the plow to clear the lot as they do in shopping centre parking lots. As a result there are times when snow is left in front of vehicles, especially during heavy snowfalls. As cleanup operations continue we clear the snow by hand for each vehicle. This is extremely time consuming when we have several hundred spots to clear. We certainly appreciate the understanding and patience of our guests during these severe weather events.

Whenever there is noise in another room that is disturbing our guests we are very quick to respond if we are made aware of the situation. When our staff do a walk around the building we listen for such instances.

I am sorry to read that the heating system kept you awake. During severe weather, including very low temperatures combined with very high winds, the systems work extra hard to maintain temperatures in the hotel.

I apologize that your stay was not a positive experience for you. I can assure you that this example is a rare occurance.

Sincerely

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel is clean, nicely decorated and has several amenities. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Good made to order breakfast at a very reasonable price when added to your room. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
David C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and that you would recommend us to others.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport.