All reviewsthe ownerminas basinlow tidebeautiful viewevangeline beachmud flatsnova scotiaoffice doorold schoolyour feetocean floorout of the waysmall fridgeroom was largebeachfront roompicnic tableswater line
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We arrived late as we traveled the length of the peninsula that day. Don had left us a welcome note and room assignment for our convenience. He is a wonderful host. The room was comfortable and had all we needed to have a beautiful experience with the Bay of Fundy. I would love to go again and stay longer.

Room Tip: there is an end room with a sofa facing the picture window of the bay. What a jewel!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed here at the begining of July. Just terrific. Like having a little cottage on the Bay of Fundy. Don, the owner, is really friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic. Not fancy, but clean. Everything you need in the kitchen. And nothing beat the view.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I arrived in Grand Pre after 9:00 pm. It was dark and I was traveling alone and just a bit edgy. I stopped at a number of motels and b&bs and none was open; lights out completely. Just as I had resigned to sleep in my rental car in a gas station parking lot I saw a small sign advertising the Beach Breeze on Evangeline Beach, with an arrow pointing down a long dark road. I took the chance and it changed everything. I phoned Don, using a number left on the door of the office. He was over in a moment, opened the room, said we'd settle up in the morning. The room was CLEAN and like a beach cottage. I awoke in the morning to the splashing sound of water not 50 ft from my door. High Tide!!!!! I stayed 3 nights and loved it. Don became a new friend. My room felt like home away from home. I learned about the extreme high and low tides of the Bay of Fundy first hand. I was just minutes away from the Grand Pre Center that tells the story of the expulsion of the Acadians from Nova Scotia. It wasn't fancy, but for me, the best of the best. I would recommend the Beach Breeze with confidence. Watch for bald eagles, read the guides along the shore explaining the importance of the Bay, and find someone to show you the diking system the Acadians used to hold back the sea. Read "Evangeline."
Have coffee and breakfast at the "free trade" coffee shop in town. Say hi to Don for me.

Kathy Osborne
Draper, Utah

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank kosborneDraper_Ut
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We asked the woman at the information Centre for recommendations on accomodation overlooking the ocean. She said that if you can overlook the appearance of an old building, the ownersof the Beach Breeze Motel have done a good job of sprucing up the rooms with new beds, washrooms, etc. She was right. Had we been driving along the road we would not have stopped. But the information we were given was accurate. We rented a room overlookng the bay and were treated to a spectacular view - watching those amazing tides come and go and captured incredible performances of thousands of sandpipers flying in rhythm over the bay in the evening. The property is a work in progress - but we're really glad we chose to stay. The owner (Don) shares a wealth of experience related to the area ... the tides, the birds, local attractions etc.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank niagarafallsguy
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We spent two nights in cabin 5 - one of the two housekeeping units facing the water. Great accomodations and great view. Could have easily spent a week .
Innkeeper Don went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable.
The kids (9 and 13) spent hours walking the mud flats and coming the shoreline.

Be sure to check out the "Three Holes" swimming hole in white Rock off of Deep Hollow Road. (Not in any tourist brochure).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family