As two working people living in Southwestern Ontario, our daily lives are scheduled every minute. Even our "down times" are on a schedule. We wanted to find a place where we could get away from watches, electronics (They do, however, have wireless internet connect. We didn't want to use it.), gadgets and work commitments. The Beach Breeze was the perfect place to do exactly what we wanted. We rented Unit #5 facing the water with a spectacular view of the Minas Basin, the sunrise to one side of the view and the sunset to the other. We spent our afternoons outside, facing the Basin, and doing little other than watch the tide come in and out. There wasn't a thing that we needed.
When we did want to venture out, there were interesting places to visit and restaurants with great menus only minutes away in Grand Pre (check out Grand Pre Winery, The Tangled Gardens, Just Us Coffee) and in Port Williams (The Port Pub). Nearby Wolfville is a very pretty town with lots of interesting things to do and restaurants to explore. We were able to stay long enough to do a bit of exploring and have time on the beach. As time went out we found that we were happiest just staying at the Beach Breeze taking in the ocean, the clean air, the flights of birds passing by, and the hospitality of Don and Patsy, the proprietors of the Beach Breeze.
Don and Patsy are very "hands on" managers and make themselves available at all times. Any questions we had were cheerfully answered and if they didn't know the answer, they set about finding it right away and getting back to us personally. We only had one minor concern about the room that was dealt with immediately. They both have a great sense of humour and, while not intrusive in any way, would often have a story or two as they passed by our ocean view posts.
The housekeeping unit we had was clean, stocked with the basics and met our needs handily. We were comfortable and grew to feel quite at home in our "little cottage". In fact, when we returned home to Ontario, we decided to book time in next year for a return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have beachfront/housekeeping rooms available. They offer two double beds (number 10 has a pull out hide- a-bed in the sun porch area ) and we can provide a cot. The beachfront/housekeeping room has a fully equipped kitchennette with a microwave, full fridge, coffee maker, full tub and shower and a fantastic view! The outer sun room area has a rustic slate stone floor, with lots of sitting area, large windows for the amazing view and a working wall to wall wood burning fireplace. We also have standard rooms available. They have two double beds,mini-fridge,coffee maker and a shower. All rooms have a view of the water ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Beach Breeze Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Breeze Hotel Grand Pre
- Beach Breeze Motel Grand Pre, Nova Scotia