Those who are looking for a slick, urban, super-modern motel might be advised to seek elsewhere. Those who want a unique experience in an incredible setting would be well advised to book a room here. Beach Breeze is warm, homey, rural and rustic in atmosphere. It's comfortable, furnished with anything one might require for a pleasant stay, private and rich in history. I grew up in the area and remember this motel - in a much earlier incarnation - from my youth. Much has changed since then and Beach Breeze has been refurbished to suit current tastes. Yet it hasn't been so strenuously updated that its charm is lost! That, to me, is very important. I haven't lived nearby for many years but it felt like a homecoming. My husband and I were delighted with our choice.
The motel is set atop a sea cliff and overlooks a vast expanse of red shoreline, sand, and salt water that moves in and out of the Minas Basin twice each day. These are the highest tides in the world; they draw families with children, couples, adventurers, photographers and scientists. I watched a sea kayaker, fishing boat, canoeist and even a surfer whose dog stood in front of him on the board; it was calm, so he paddled along the shallows. I witnessed millions of sandpipers and plovers whirling in their summer migration dance above the tide flats. When I stood at the tidal margin, early in the morning, the birds surrounded me and passed so closely I could feel wind from their wings. As a photographer, I didn't want to leave.
Our room (#1) was spacious, clean, charming with its wooden floors, and the beds were comfortable. The small fridge and microwave allowed us to bring our own food and eat inexpensively. A coffee percolator with supplies was provided for our enjoyment. The shower was large, and more accessible than a tub-shower for anyone with a mobility disorder. We could just step in and out. Owing to large windows, there was ample light and a lovely breeze as befitted the name of the motel. A huge floor fan provided extra cool air overnight. We didn't need the air conditioner. And the room rate was the lowest in the entire area!
Speaking of the area, there are many points of interest not far away, including excellent wineries (with their own vineyards); shops featuring local, crafts and produce; Grand Pre itself which is a UNESCO world heritage site; cultural activities and theatre - especially in Wolfville; dykelands for hiking; beach walks for rockhounds.
In short, we were well pleased and hope to return soon. The owners are very accommodating and friendly. They have established a business that feels more like a gathering-place for friends and family than a commercial establishment. Thanks so much, Don and Patsy, for a memorable stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have beachfront/housekeeping rooms available. They offer two double beds (number 10 has a pull out hide- a-bed in the sun porch area ) and we can provide a cot. The beachfront/housekeeping room has a fully equipped kitchennette with a microwave, full fridge, coffee maker, full tub and shower and a fantastic view! The outer sun room area has a rustic slate stone floor, with lots of sitting area, large windows for the amazing view and a working wall to wall wood burning fireplace. We also have standard rooms available. They have two double beds,mini-fridge,coffee maker and a shower. All rooms have a view of the water ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Beach Breeze Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Breeze Hotel Grand Pre
- Beach Breeze Motel Grand Pre, Nova Scotia