“Home cooked breakfast”

The Stone Horse Cafe
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The food was home cooked and very good. Reasonably priced. The waitress was very friendly. The homemade jam preserves were delicious. Te coffee excellent. A great way to start the day.

There are newer reviews for The Stone Horse Cafe

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stopped here for a "tea break" when we were in the area recently. My husband is a coffee drinker and is rarely disappointed with his brew. I am a tea drinker and I am rarely delighted with mine. Restaurants seem to me to put way more effort into serving a good cup of coffee and don't seem to care too much about tea - tea bag on the side of a cup of fairly hot water being a good description. Not so here. My tea came freshly brewed with boiling water in a brown bess teapot. I was given a proper teacup and saucer to drink from. It was an excellent cup of tea.
My husband said his coffee was good and we enjoyed a home baked date square.
The service was lovely - our server was very efficient and very pleasant.
This café was a great choice.

1  Thank M-and-H10
Reviewed 31 July 2013

On our recent visit to Annapolis Royal we discovered most restaurants in the community do not open until 10:00. While driving out to a restaurant we noticed on the way in only to find it not open we saw the Stone Horse Café -parking lot full opened at 8:00. The small restaurant was full and we were told we could grab a seat out on the patio - there were five tables set for 4 there and one taken. I would have thought being as crowded as they were they would have taken the time to clean the patio tables but they were layered in dirt. My son is a little OCD with cleanliness and I could see the terror in his eyes. We pulled two together for the size of our party and brushed off the chairs to sit. When the completely frazzled girl who would be waiting on us arrived to the other table we asked if she could clean the table - she then handed my step mother a wet face cloth - really needed a pressure washer for one of the tables. Another person arrived five minutes later to set the table with - not the cleanest silverware (he even took two forks out while setting and went back for others). The girl returned with menus and within 10 minutes time to take our orders 4 breakfast specials, one French toast (on white -which didn't happen) and the breakfast sandwich- ordered by my son as there was no way he was using the utensils and went for something you could eat with your hands) (white toast - again multigrain when brought) and 4 coffee. In about 30 minutes she brought one coffee, then 5 minutes later another and 5 minutes later the third. The fourth arrived at around the 60 minute mark after the first meal and I watched her deliver coffee to another table and asked about ours. There were no re-fills as the staff could not manage to keep a coffee pot full inside at anytime. Although two orders had the wrong bread (no one was returning considering we were almost to the 1 hour and half mark from arrival and just starting to eat food) the meal one it arrived was good. The food was hot and well seasoned - okay portions for the price. Perhaps on another day it would be better.

1  Thank Winterlynx
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Other than the waffles, which are just frozen eggos, the rest of the breakfasts were quite good and amazing value!

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the dunromin campground which this cafe is affiliated with and we had breakfast there every morning. It was excellent! My 2 children loved it. After eating there my two year old exclaimed that was yum yum yummy in my tum tum tummy. And this was after he finished drinking the rest of his small dish of homemade jam preserve! The young lady that served us all week was very warm and friendly.