“A gem at the end of the highway...”
Review of Pepperlane Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guysborough
Pepperlane Manor
Ranked #2 of 5 Guysborough B&B and Inns
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
“A gem at the end of the highway...”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Decided to go off the beaten path, and take a run to Guysborough last summer on my way to Sydney from Hali...was very pleased to find this newly renovated property with a nice selection of rooms available. The hosts were very charming and welcoming, and I definitely enjoyed every second. The view is gorgeous, it is a perfect quiet getaway and you have access to a very laid back yet historically significant area of NS...plus, a lot cheaper than the surrounding B and B's. I even had a few choices for lunch, PLUS I got to meet one of the Rankin girls as she was staying there! Will stay there again in a heartbeat if I am by Guysborough again, especially in the summer!

Room Tip: Get the suite with a view of the harbour...wonderful
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Brendan T
PepperlaneManor, Owner at Pepperlane Manor, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Brendan, you got more than you bargained for at Pepperlane Manor! So happy that you got to meet Heather Rankin, and I was very happy to arrange a photo op for you, Michelle and your beautiful baby girl,Ryan! We certainly hope to see you again at Pepperlane Manor!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I am originally from Guysborough and planned a weekend home to visit my family with my fiancee. We live in the "big" city of Halifax and with work schedules, do not get a chance to visit very often. It was always very difficult to visit as my parents home is small so accomodations were fairly tight. This time, we planned to stay at Pepperlane Manor, which was a first for us in two ways, one was booking with Pepperlane and the second was our first time staying in a bed and breakfast and WOW, were we pleasantly surprised!

Elaine and Greg have done a wonderful job making the house very inviting and cozy. The house is historically victorian but with a twist of modern design and feel. Our room was named the "loft"; it was extremely spacious, very clean, contained its own private bathroom and table/chairs. I asked Elaine for a private tour of her B&B and she was obliging! She showed me the other guest rooms and spectacular views and i was not disappointed. I am an avid lover of historic victorian houses and every decorative detail down to the choice of bedding chosen for each room complimented the layout and feel of the house completely. Beautiful antique pieces of furniture were strategically placed throughout the house. Bravo Elaine!

The breakfast spread was amazing. Elaine and Greg were pleasant hosts who offered a variety of foods to pick from. From eggs, sausage, pancakes, fruits, juices, coffee and tea, this was not your typical continental breakfast. And from my conversations with her, she takes pride in serving a homemade assortment of dishes throughout the week! You will not be disappointed.

If you looking for a quiet, relaxing getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life, this is the place for you! Whether visiting family for a few days or just passing through, a stay at Pepperlane Manor will feel like home. This is our "Little Piece of Heaven".

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
PepperlaneManor, Owner at Pepperlane Manor, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Gwen, your wonderful words about our home and business made our day! You and Britt were wonderful guests and we loved sharing our home with you. There is nothing like validation from guests to help us know that we made the right decisions in creating our B&B. We hope to see you again soon! Elaine and Greg @ Pepperlane Manor
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here the weekend of the Guysborough triathlon. We had a nice room overlooking the ocean with a private bath. The residence has been recently renovated and is clean and modern.

There were several triathletes booked and our hosts, Elaine and Greg, were very accommodating by preparing a breakfast selection to suit athletes prior to a race and they also let us check out late so the group could shower after the race.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank slburns
PepperlaneManor, Owner at Pepperlane Manor, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Thank you for your kind words regarding Pepperlane Manor! We enjoyed hosting the triathletes and look forward to seeing you again next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guysborough
Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury
#3 of 5 in Guysborough
Cove Motel
Cove Motel
#1 of 3 in Port Hastings

Been to Pepperlane Manor? Share your experiences!