“An Extra Star for Charm and Thoughtfulness”
Review of Sun Valley Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kentville
Sun Valley Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Kentville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Like fairest1 and gooddogMolly I was set to put a four-star rating on The Sun Valley Motel. After all, it's an older establishment incapable of achieving the top tier standard earned by all the latest bells and whistles. But I just couldn't slight this comfortable and welcoming sanctuary because it lacked glitz and glitter. In fact, it reminded me just how pointless and unnecessary all those so-called conveniences really are, AND how much more enjoyable are the factors of charm, cheer, and character. Like Molly, I too was traveling with a shaggy beast, and we had chosen a damp and nearly frigid afternoon to motorcycle 70 miles from the Digby ferry. (Yes, my amazing terrier, Kaysey, rides with me... 4,000 miles round trip from Atlanta to PEI in 2013, camping along the way.) We needed warmth this night and hospitality. We found both in abundance at Sun Valley, a cheerful welcome, concern for our chill, and a friendliness that infused our room and our spirits.
I won't repeat the earlier reviews, but I urge you to read them; they are accurate, although I had no complaints about my mattress or my pillows. The outdoor amenities mentioned by Molly were astonishing and expanded the realm of tasteful, thoughtful comfort at Sun Valley from horizon to horizon. And there was one other bonus that I really appreciated: the cable TV service (in June, 2013) provided access to all of BOSTON's television stations. I love to travel internationally, but after ten days and nights on the road it was nice to find a little piece of home. (I lived and worked in Boston for ten years.) Bravo! to Sun Valley. They deserve every guest these reviews might send their way.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 May 2012

This little gem had everything we needed, clean and comfortable beds, clean washroom and quiet sleep time. Good value for money. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fairest1
Reviewed 21 August 2011

old fashioned little motel on the main road heading into Kentville, but perfect for our needs, which was to sleep in after the drive-in movie down the road. They welcomed our two shaggy beasts for a pittance more. Great recreation area behind the motel, gazebo, lots of chairs, swinging hammock chairs ( I watched two kids have the time of their lives in those) outdoor fireplace, BBQ's and a great forest trail that the dogs loved. The location was dead quiet in the evening. Bathroom was updated, room had a mini fridge and microwave but no coffee maker. They have coffee in front office, but I like my own before I face the public. Front and back windows, so you get a nice cross draft. Ceiling fan plus a table fan made a nice sleeping temperature. Bed was OK, maybe a little hard ( I have a spoiler at home, so that's just me) pillows were skimpy, but then again, I always bring my own. I have never liked an hotel pillow. If you are on a tight budget, or if it just irks you to spend $$$ on a place to sleep, this is a great deal. and its CLEAN and QUIET.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple