“Great experience!”

Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Kentville
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I recently ate here with friends and really enjoyed the entire experience. The Pan Fried Haddock is the best I have ever had and would highly recommend it. Other favourites of the evening were the Maple Curry Penne and Sticky Toffee Pudding. The Pub is clean, the staff are friendly and the fireplace is to die for.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

When the King's Arms first re-opened under new management, the food was amazing! I was very pleased to see that because the pub itself has the best, coziest atmosphere of any place around and the patio is beautiful in the summertime. However, each time I have returned since my initial visit, I have been very disappointed in the quality of the food. It is over-priced and not good at all! The last time I ate there, it was in the evening and I had the special - Kobe beef sliders with homemade fries. The sliders were about 80% bun (and I think I'm being generous) and the fries were full of grit. The feeling of chewing on sand is equivalent to (or worse than) fingernails scraping a chalkboard for me - horrible!! When we pointed out the grit problem to the staff, they apologized and said they would make sure the kitchen was aware so it wouldn't happen again. We were not offered anything else in place of our meals, nor was any money deducted from the bill. That, to me, is very poor customer service. Sadly, I will not be eating there again...

3  Thank Avid E
Reviewed 21 December 2012

The King's Arms is a cozy place with really good food. It's in Kentville's downtown area, so if you're out running errands and need a place to meet for lunch, this is your place. Don't go for a special supper...

Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

Give this place another try. They have made some good changes. The buffalo chicken sandwich is excellent. The majority of the severs are knowledgable and pleasant. They have done a great job updating the inside and the fireplace is warm and cozy.

1  Thank J12233
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I was part of a group that ate here on Nov 20. The service was the worst that I have ever seen. There were jugs of water on the tables but- no glasses. Some people were ready to leave before our table was served. Food arrived cold..... There are no crackers or rolls with the soup??? No one at our table was asked about dessert , although the waitress said we were....Prices were a little high. Don't go here . They have to get their act together!!!

3  Thank SB R