“great location, food, hit and miss service.”
Review of King's Arms Pub

King's Arms Pub
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Kentville
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kentville, Nova Scotia, Canada
“great location, food, hit and miss service.”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The Kings Arms pub is in a beautiful building. They have a great open fireplace in the winter and a lovely patio in the summer. The menu is good, but a little on the pricey side. They have a very good selection of draught beer and the place is managed by (like myself) a British ex-pat so I can appreciate the decor and sensibility.
I don't know if it is the kitchen or the wait staff but on more than one occassion we have had to wait a very long time for our food. Case and point we visited Mothers Day. We expected a long wait for our main course as they were fairly busy, though no where near full. This was then followed by a 25 minute wait for our deserts. How long does it take to cut a piece of cake?
20 years ago as a University student I did my fair share of stints as a waiter, I know what it is like to be on the other side of the equation. I don't ask for special orders or substitutions, I make sure that I know what the kids want, so that the wait staff aren't hanging around while they change they're minds. I ALWAYS TIP well for good service, and I'm sad to say I also tip too well for bad service. If they can fix this problem the King's Arms would be the best restaurant in Kentville.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Valleyfolk535

Yarmouth, Canada
“Always a Treat!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My husband and I are frequent guests of the King's Arms Pub. Whether it be for an outside lunch on the patio or a romantic dinner by the cozy fireplace, this is our favourite spot! On our last visit, we were pleasantly surprised to find the Mark Riley band setting up, and we enjoyed an amazing evening of fantastic food and entertainment! As per usual, the staff were very friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. When planning a trip to the Annapolis Valley, a stop at the pub is always on our itinerary!

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Rainy Evenings Best Spent Here”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

One evening last spring, it got later than expected after a day's soggy, but exhilerating outing. Not one of our group felt like cooking dinner, so we stopped at The King's Arms at the helpful suggestion of a family member. It was one place we'd yet to visit on our culinary tour of the Annapolis Valley, so we decided to check it out. Good plan, as it turns out.
As we waited for another of our group to join us, we emersed ourselves in the British-style ambience, dear to our British hearts, took a trip down memory lane, and enjoyed a glass of beer, (or cider in my case). It was good cider too.
Our waitress was friendly and kind, always a cheerful smile, nothing was too much trouble, she was like an old friend.
When our meals came, the aroma from each was wonderful, giving great expectations, which were met; all were delicious.
We can't wait to revisit and have another crack at that menu, perhaps even for brunch. No doubt about it, when in Kentville, this is a place to spend an evening or two.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lynne F
New Minas, Canada
“Best Pub In Nova Scotia !”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We have been going to the King`s Arms Pub at leat twice a week now for the past six months, the food is terrific & service second to none. ( Most of the wait staff know us by name). We now bring friends to share the experience with us ! The Crossed Keys steaks are to die for !!!! I can`t say enough good about the place, you owe it to yourself to try it.

• Visited February 2013
Harbourville
“Best pub in the Valley!”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We rediscovered this pub last summer and have been back almost weekly ever since. The service is always great. The pub itself, with its large booths and tables for gathering with friends, little nooks and crannies for private dinners, and an unbeatable fireplace, is exactly what an English pub should be. And the food? Put simply, they have the best pub food in the Valley. The pizzas are delicious. The fish and chips are perfect. Steak, pan-fried haddock, chowder, chips and curry, ribs - all great. But the real reason we return week after week is for the wings (with hot sauce and a side of gorgonzola), and the Spicy Jack Burger; with its two juicy patties, Monterey Jack cheese, fresh jalapenos, and crispy little onions, all I can say is yes, yes, yes please! I’ve had two this week already…. The King's Arms offers the quintessential pub experience. I hope more people (re)discover it too!

• Visited March 2013