“Awesome Patio!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

King's Arms Pub
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Kentville
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Halifax
“Awesome Patio!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I had lunch with a couple girlfriends and had a great time! It was a late lunch that overlapped into supper hour. Happy Hour we discovered is 430-630, that coupled with an awesome patio and cold drinks made for an excellent day!The food was so tasty and service was super quick, can't wait to do it again!!

• Visited August 2013

Wolfville, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm a local girl”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have to say the food and the service was great, the "Guy" on the bar that served us was hilarious and very accommodating as always (been here before). It was extremely hot outside on the patio so we decided to sit at the bar, the only thing that caught our attention was a shortage of staff, he and the young lady working were run off there feet. Really...I know the staff at most restaurants make minimum wage, are the owners that cheap??? Besides that I would recommend it as a great place to eat and relax with the exception of watching the staff work there butt off. To the owners...get a grip!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mary c
altanta, ga
“Great food and beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stopped in one day for lunch while passing through this cute town. The restaurant had been recommended. The food was delicious and we enjoyed the local beer. The restaurant was packed out but the service was still attentive. Would stop here again for sure.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank alyAltanta_Ga
Kentville, Canada
“Beautiful bar, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Came into the Kings Arms with a friend for lunch and sat at the bar. I think we had a server, but the bartender was really the one who took care of us, and she did a great job! Go girl!

I had the fish and chips, and was disappointed with it. They served massive portions, but they were greasy and a bit soggy. I couldn't finish mine, but it really was only half because I was filling up.

Large beer selection that I plan on exploring a little more thoroughly later on, my boss frowns upon mid day drinking, but one of the coolest draft towers I've seen.

Last thing I'll mention, bathroom urinal? Epic!

• Visited April 2013
Kentville, Nova Scotia, Canada
“great location, food, hit and miss service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

The Kings Arms pub is in a beautiful building. They have a great open fireplace in the winter and a lovely patio in the summer. The menu is good, but a little on the pricey side. They have a very good selection of draught beer and the place is managed by (like myself) a British ex-pat so I can appreciate the decor and sensibility.
I don't know if it is the kitchen or the wait staff but on more than one occassion we have had to wait a very long time for our food. Case and point we visited Mothers Day. We expected a long wait for our main course as they were fairly busy, though no where near full. This was then followed by a 25 minute wait for our deserts. How long does it take to cut a piece of cake?
20 years ago as a University student I did my fair share of stints as a waiter, I know what it is like to be on the other side of the equation. I don't ask for special orders or substitutions, I make sure that I know what the kids want, so that the wait staff aren't hanging around while they change they're minds. I ALWAYS TIP well for good service, and I'm sad to say I also tip too well for bad service. If they can fix this problem the King's Arms would be the best restaurant in Kentville.

• Visited May 2013