“Pretty average”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2013

It was a spur of the moment decision to stop for a late lunch in Kentville, so we didn't have much time to consult tripadvisor.
Paddy's being in the heart of Kentville, it was the first restaurant we drove by, and it looked busy with a few tables being occupied on the patio.
Our fish and scallops main dish was not memorable, it was OK in comparison to the other seafood places in Nova Scotia. The salad was soggy looking but tasted alright. Service was prompt as requested.

John F, General Manager at Paddy's Brewpub & Rosie's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Here at Paddys & Rosies we aim to provide our guests with a memorable dining experience and in the context of a pub and restaurant that provides good value at our price points. Unfortunately we cannot be all things to all people.

If you would be so kind it would be helpful to understand specifically what you felt was missing from your experience that would have made the difference for you.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife & I stopped in for lunch the other day and had the fish cakes and they were fantastic.We also had the spinach salad with them and it was fresh and delicious as well.The service was very good,and our meal was delivered pretty quick especially for lunch time.

1  Thank guysmontess
John F, General Manager at Paddy's Brewpub & Rosie's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Glad you enjoyed them - we have our own recipe for them and they are made from scratch with Maritime salt cod.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was my first experience at patty's pub and like we all know the first impression means everything. My family and I went to the pub for dinner tonight and I already have a killer stomach ache. my food was undercooked, French fries were cold, floors were dirty, glassware smelled like chlorine, and last but not least they completely messed up my brother in law's order. At least they had the gratuity to provide his meal for free.
I do not recommend this restaurant to any of my friends and colleagues.
For someone who works in the industry the professionalism of this so called business was so minimal it can be compared to somewhere like McDonalds.
Sorry patty's pub but you definitely lost 6 customers.

John F, General Manager at Paddy's Brewpub & Rosie's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

As a restaurant and family business that has served the public for over 20 years we take great pride and effort to show guests a great time with good food and service. I am sorry to hear that you felt we did not meet that standard for your dining experience. It is our policy that if a customer is unhappy with something we will do what is necessary to fix it - such as a burger on the house if relish was put on it when there was supposed to be no relish, as in your brothers case.

Your server that night and the rest of our staff were alarmed to read your review, and it must be said that if you had brought any of your concerns (other than the burger, which was addressed) to your server during your visit, she would have made pains to make up for your disappointment. Furthermore, our management team is ready to address your concerns with you if you would permit us the opportunity.

However, I feel I must point out that it is misleading to evoke a comparison to McDonalds as a criticism. McDonalds is a multinational food quick service chain; we are a locally owned restaurant making meals from scratch.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Best available Irish themed eating establishment in the Valley ! Lots to choose from on menu. Good seating and atmosphere. Great service. Very good food.

Thank you!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Paddy's Pub and Rosie's Restaurant is a staple for our family and friends. It is our go-to spot to meet up with a group or if we are looking for a relaxing meal just the two of us it's top of the list.

My husband and I have been going there for years and are always happy with the friendly service and the quality of their meals. I like the options for lighter fare eating that allow for a smaller portion with fresh ingredients or if you are craving a good ol' fish n chip meal with an on site brew or a rack of ribs you've come to the right spot. I especially like the chicken quesadilla with a salad and my husband is partial to the bangers and mash.

We always receive friendly service accompanied usually with a bit of banter and if you really want a sweet ending to the meal a yummy piece of cheesecake.

Whether you want the pub atmosphere or more family friendly Paddy's / Rosie's will fit the bill!