“wonderful surprise”
Review of Amber Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mahone Bay
Amber Rose Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Mahone Bay B&B and Inns
La Center, Washington
“wonderful surprise”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Mahone Bay was recommended by a waitress my mother and I happened to be chatting with in Halifax, and this B&B was recommended by another B&B on the major road, that was full. Wendy and George are wonderfully warm and friendly people and it felt like a home away from home. Not to mention a beautiful house and gardens, and a great breakfast. It is off the beaten path in a nice neighborhood. And the price was more than reasonable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Wendy T, Owner at Amber Rose Inn, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank-you for your praise! We enjoyed your company and hope you will come again!
Cheers
Wendy

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brasd'or
Reviewed 13 August 2012

You meet few people who will stay in your life forever....Wendy and George are such people!...They were put here to do what they are doing....being perfect hosts in running a charming B&B!!......the place is perfect in every way....location, food, cleanness, heavenly beds, linen and the whitest towels I ever saw!!....I am beginning to think they are brand new every day!!...lol...We felt like we were home and you felt welcome in every way....from the beautiful rooms to the enchanting grounds!!....We cannot wait to go back....search no more...you will not find better!

Room Tip: The only tip .....grab any of the three rooms before you hesitate and miss out...if We can't get...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brenda C
caribbean
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Good location close to village center and shops but quiet area. Wendy is like a family member - will do anything for you. Rooms are large and warmly decorated. Food was wonderful and we loved everything - !

Room Tip: Rooms all looked nice....
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Wendy is a warm and wonderful hostess. The room is large but cosy and quiet. The breakfasts Wendy makes are exceptional and fit for a king. I definitely know where I will be staying the next time I am in town.

Room Tip: The 2 rooms at the back of the house are probably a little more quiet compared to the room at the fr...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am not one that is fond of bed and breakfast stays due to my past experience but the treatment i received at Amber Rose Inn has changed my mind. I would highly recommend a stay at this inn and you will be welcome and treated like royalty. I will never forget my experience there and if my travels takes me there again - it will be a joy to stay there again.

Wendy - Thank you, for spoiling me. I never thought i would enjoy myself as much and now have a new outlook towards bed and breakfast inn.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank charles j
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Words can hardly describe my experience at this charming B&B! Wendy, who is a kind, funny, gracious, beautiful woman immediately makes you feel welcome and at home! I was uneasy staying in someone's house, but honestly, you don't feel that way here. The rooms are very spacious, and private, but have a homey feel to them. They are very clean, bright, and have all the home away from home touches to them, like bath salts for the massaging bath tub, and tea cups for tea!

She is a great cook, and can recommend and help you find awesome places for lunch and dinner!!

The attached gallery is amazing and fun to stroll through!

I would definitely recommend this charming B&B to everyone I meet!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This is the second time my friend and I have stayed at the Amber Rose, we started an annual trip to the scarecrow festival in beautiful Mahone Bay.
At first glance the Inn seems small, but it is anything but. In Sept/Oct of 2010 we stayed in a room with one queen bed; beautiful big room, air conditioner, and AMAZING jet tub. in each room there is a sofa, TV (cable) private bathroom, and air conditioning.
This year (2011) my friend and I stayed in a room with two double beds, the room was larger than most 5 star hotel rooms I've stayed in. Also in every room there is a bar fridge, coffee maker, tea, creamers, and beautiful china to enjoy that first cup of joe in.
The beds are incredibly comfortable and provide an amazing night sleep. Before I talk about Wendy and her amazing breakfasts, you need to know about the bathrooms. Each bathroom is brand new everything, jet tubs, full wall length mirror, more towels than you get in a hotel, warm decor touches that make you feel like you are staying with friends rather than an Inn. Forget your shampoo or conditioner at home; run out of it? Or maybe you just don't like lugging around big bottles in your luggage. No problems, Wendy provides full size bottles of both on the shelves of the beautiful tubs. Amazing water pressure too!
When you check in, Wendy checks with you as to what you want for breakfast, what she was planning to make and how she can make it differently or better to suit your tastes, likes, dislikes and or allergies.
Last year Wendy recommended a restaurant for dinner and even made reservations for us, that place was "Mateus Bistro" we went there twice in 2010; thought about it many times since then and went back when we stayed at Amber Rose this year (2011).
I have no affiliation with Amber Rose or Mateus Bistro but I am a very satisfied customer of both.
I will not stay anywhere else in Mahone Bay other that Amber Rose Inn. Thank you Wendy for making our stay(s) so comfortable and inviting.
PS - Make sure you check out Wendy's art gallery located in the same address as the Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Bayview Pines Country Inn
Bayview Pines Country Inn
#3 of 6 in Mahone Bay
Heart's Desire Bed and Breakfast

Been to Amber Rose Inn? Share your experiences!