“Beautiful Gifts for Everyone”
Review of Amos Pewter

Amos Pewter
Ranked #1 of 15 Shopping in Mahone Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Amos Pewter designs, creates and sells pewter gifts and keepsakes in our workshop and gift store located across the bay from the historic Three Churches in Mahone Bay on the South Shore of Nova Scotia. Visitors from around the world are captivated by our artisans and interpretive displays. Enjoy a guided demonstration and tour our workshop, take part in our Hands On Experience, and finish your own pewter Sand Dollar.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Beautiful Gifts for Everyone”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The Amos Pewter shop is one of the many pretty shops in Mahone Bay right at the waterfront. It's a beautiful and colourful building and offers a very large range of pewter gifts. Everything is beautfully and clearly displayed.
Whenever I visist friends in Nova Scotia I visit this shop and have always found lovely and unusual gifts to take home for friends in the UK or for myself.
The staff are very friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable and one can observe the designers at work.
I have also visited the Amos Pewter shop at Peggy's Cove and many shops in Lunenburg have Amos Pewter gifts for sale.
Definitely worth a visit if you are looking for a little more unusual gift or souvenir.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank basbury

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Superb!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Something for everyone! My taste is more contempory. I made my bangles every day for two months and they look like new. People love the fact they are oval. I'm about to order more online. We visited Amos in Mahone Bay, Peggy's Cove and Halifax. All wonderful friendly service.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank tsreynolds
Ottawa, Canada
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Worthwhile stop”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Mahoney Bay is very pretty, and Amos Pewter has two of the colourful heritage buildings on the waterfront. The explanation and demonstration in the workshop area was clear, friendly, and informative. The gentleman was patient and cheerful with our questions, and we learned a fair bit in a short time. I appreciated seeing the various stages in the design and creation of this year's christmas ornament, which being an owl, I purchased for a reasonable price! I like that I bought from the place where it was made - rather than picking up a random ornament from a gift shop. All of those are the same, only the place name changes. Amos pewter has lovely things at reasonable prices. Oh, and a public washroom. The staff were all very nice.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank KatikaOttawa
Mahone Bay, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Gift Shop”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Amos Pewter is a unique gift shop because they make the pewter items right there in the shop. You can watch a very interesting free demonstration that takes about 5 - 10 minutes and see the whole process of how little pewter ornaments etc. are made. Then, if you like, the gift shop offers a wide variety of pewter items for sale. They make great gifts and some are very unique. We live in town and always take our visiting guests there for a look.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Donald M
Mahone Bay, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Amos Pewter”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Their stuff is excellent in design and originality. Take one of their pieces home and whoever you give it to will not find it in some store close to home. All very well made. Much of it a good price for little gifts to give people, especially at Christmas: their Christmas tree ornaments are terrific. As is their jewelry: lovely earrings, pendants, etc. Highly recommend anything at Amos Pewter.

Visited August 2013