All reviews front lawn nova scotia claw foot tub captain's quarters within walking distance wonderful hosts adirondack chairs great place to stay main floor feel welcome we loved our stay over the top potatoes shops and restaurants other guests east coast hospitality annapolis valley
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We had a great stay at a wonderful place. Heartly welcomed by Melanie and Will. Very nice rooms, clean, good view, great beds. Great breakfast with good company. I would really advice people stopping here on their drive by.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Melanie and Will treated me just like one of the family during my stay. I was in Nova Scotia over Christmas holidays for work and as I had no family with me I decided to dip down into Mahone Bay to spend a charming time at one of their famed B and B's. I chose FD because the reviews were great and I loved the location :) Will and Melanie had some friends and family staying over the holidays as well and I fit right in! We all had a blast and It really made my Christmas something special to remember!

THANKS GUYS

Room Tip: I had the captains quarters (harbour facing). It was a great room, warm and with a great view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TynanTragic
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I had the pleasure of experiencing my first B & B on Nov 17th at the Fisherman’s Daughter and I was not disappointed.

From our delightful conversation with our wonderful and welcoming hosts, the immaculate rooms and the scrumptious breakfast fit for a king around the warm and inviting breakfast table, it far exceeded any expectations I might have had.

I would come back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I was travelling with a friend an we were delighted to share the Backroom which has a single & a double bed as well as a private bath.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This is a beautiful Historical Property set between two of the four Churches in Mahone Bay and was within walking distande to shopping venues. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming, decorated with antiques and period pieces that make this B & B so charming and inviting. Across the street a full view of the water to welcome your senses. The rooms greeted you with downy soft beds and ensuite bathrooms that are immaculate and clean. Our Hosts were so friendly and helpful and breakfast was not only pleasing to the pallet but presented beautifully. Loved it here.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The only B&B my friend and I stayed at while in Nova Scotia. Why? We couldn’t imagine any other B&B topping it.

Melanie and Willem are fantastic. Welcoming, helpful and hilarious. Answered all our questions about what to do in the area and sent us in the right direction for more information. They are easy to find, yet tucked away from the road. Perfect location.

Every space is carefully decorated and maintained with an eye for detail. Very clean and comfortable rooms.

Breakfast is amazing. Delicious baked goods, good coffee, fresh juice, lots of fruit, eggs done to perfection and homemade granola that is to die for. You will want to come back because a morning without a breakfast like that just doesn’t leave you feeling as good. Plus, you will not find anywhere else a lively, yet relaxed space to have an exceptional breakfast and an entertaining discussion.

You will feel like you are in a home away from home, but this home is better because Melanie and Will have done all the work and make it seem effortless. A must if you are going through Mahone Bay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends