All reviewsfront lawnnova scotiaclaw foot tubcaptain's quarterswithin walking distancewonderful hostsadirondack chairsgreat place to staymain floorfeel welcomewe loved our stayover the toppotatoesshops and restaurantsother guestseast coast hospitalityannapolis valley
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This was really good experience for us.
It was right beside the three churches and looking out the front door was the bay.
We were made to feel really welcome and it was a comfortable place to stay.And breakfast was great!
The hosts were really friendly and made us feel at home Thank you!
I would definately look up this BB again.

Room Tip: The room located on the main floor has a really comfortable bed and large shower. For the larger person and/or one that has difficulty navigating stairs request this room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We really enjoyed our night at this B&B - it is everything a B&B should be. Beautiful, well thought out, with amazing owners and an amazing breakfast
. We were asked if there was anything they could improve and upon thinking about it, the only thing we could think of was that sound really carries there. I'm a light sleeper, and we could hear everything in the kitchen from our main floor room.
But that wouldn't deter us from staying again - it's the nature of old houses. If I wanted total sound proofing, I'd try a hotel.
The food, the hosts and the room were fantastic.

Room Tip: Captain's Quarters has a claw foot tub :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl C
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We had a great stay at a wonderful place. Heartly welcomed by Melanie and Will. Very nice rooms, clean, good view, great beds. Great breakfast with good company. I would really advice people stopping here on their drive by.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Melanie and Will treated me just like one of the family during my stay. I was in Nova Scotia over Christmas holidays for work and as I had no family with me I decided to dip down into Mahone Bay to spend a charming time at one of their famed B and B's. I chose FD because the reviews were great and I loved the location :) Will and Melanie had some friends and family staying over the holidays as well and I fit right in! We all had a blast and It really made my Christmas something special to remember!

THANKS GUYS

Room Tip: I had the captains quarters (harbour facing). It was a great room, warm and with a great view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TynanTragic
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I had the pleasure of experiencing my first B & B on Nov 17th at the Fisherman’s Daughter and I was not disappointed.

From our delightful conversation with our wonderful and welcoming hosts, the immaculate rooms and the scrumptious breakfast fit for a king around the warm and inviting breakfast table, it far exceeded any expectations I might have had.

I would come back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I was travelling with a friend an we were delighted to share the Backroom which has a single & a double bed as well as a private bath.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends