Free cancellation until 23/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$130
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront lawnnova scotiaclaw foot tubwithin walking distancecaptain's quarterswonderful hostsbreakfast tableadirondack chairsexcellent staygreat place to staywe loved our stayother guestspotatoesextra touchesfeel welcomeshops and restaurantsscones
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The second we arrived in Mahone Bay I felt as though our trip to Nova Scotia would not be complete if we were unable to stay in this beautiful spot for at least a couple days. Many of the options for lodging looked wonderful, so we sought the advice of a local shopowner. She said her first choice would be Fisherman's Daughter.

Luck was with us, because not having advance reservations, a room was available for 2 nights. We were greeted and treated more like friends from the past than strangers being met for the first time. The owners, Mel & Will, were as inviting and charming as their B&B. And don't even get me started on Max, their dog, a medium-sized schnauzer. If you're not a dog person, prepare to be converted!

Our room was fabulous - beautifully decorated, equipped with every comfort you could want, and also provided a gorgeous water view. The B&B itself is situated among the famous "3 churches" of Mahone Bay, and was a perfect location to explore on foot, with shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Our memories of Nova Scotia, and the unbridled beauty that exists everywhere, will last forever. Of all the places we stayed while visiting there, Fisherman's Daughter was without question our favorite. I know we shall return, and this time I'll make advance reservations to be assured a room, because we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and have great charm, but we selected the ground floor room because of a desire to minimize stair climbing.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This was a beautiful ending to our trip to Nova Scotia. The owners are delightful, the rooms are comfy and lovely, the food ( breakfast) was yummy. I highly recommend this picturesque bed and breakfast conveniently located near town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2013

When my wife and I were looking for a place to call home researched sites that offered a fair price, good food, comfortable living quarters and friendly owners. I found that in Mahone's Bay at Fisherman's Daughter. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to get away from the large chain hotels and want to experience a taste of local life.

Room Tip: Will and Melanie will make you feel at home and part of the family. Note: Fitness Center and Swimming Pool are not relevant.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George K
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I have just returned from staying at the Fisherman's Daughter for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Going in with not knowing what to expect, we couldn't have picked a more hospitable and warm B&B.
I can not say enough about Will and Mel, we lost track of time during Happy Hour every night, they are very good and gracious company, even though I did have a horrible cough. And how can I forget to mention Max, the very well behaved resident pooch.
Mel's backyard patio was my favourite spot to be, full of sunshine during the morning and shade during the afternoon, although the front yard has the best view of the bay. Our room was so peaceful, and with the gorgeous weather we got it was a welcome to get back after walking through town and snuggle in our room to chill out with the a/c.
We have talked about going back with our close friends and our little girl and check out more of Nova Scotia because all we wanted to do was stick around the Fisherman, lol.
Great homemade, hearty, awesome breakfasts. If you have any sort of dietary restrictions don't worry, they make sure everyone has something enjoyable to eat.
It was the perfect romantic getaway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney B
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our first visit, though we've stayed in Mahone Bay before so we knew what to expect from the town and its environs such as Lunenburg and Blue Rocks. We enjoyed the stay and the owners work hard to interact with the guests and make sure they make the best of their stay. From what we could see, you'd describe all the rooms as being medium-sized rather than spacious, but they are very nicely set out, including the bathrooms. Both breakfasts were very good, with fruit and a hot dish. We'd stay again. The stairs are quite steep, though there is a ground floor room available.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple