“Great atmosphere”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New Owner Was Cheesecake Gallery
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We popped in here dinner and were pleasantly surprised. There was a guitar player, singing quietly, to provide nice background dinner music. My husband had the seafood chowder and I had the burger special. Both were yummy, although my husband would prefer a little less potatoes in the chowder. The broth was best he has tasted. Waitress very friendly. Food was served in good time. Would recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We love the burgers here especially. It has great atmosphere and the stuff are great. Also love sitting on the patio.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our hosts at The Fisherman’s Daughter bed and breakfast recommended Mateus Bistro and they were spot on. I started with Seafood Stew, only a cup and wished it was a bowl. Then I ordered Lisa’s Thai shrimp over a bed of brown rice. I have traveled all over Thailand and not had better. Wish I could tell you about dessert but I couldn’t eat another thing. A must stop if you are traveling in Mahoney Bay New Brunswick

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We've dined at Mateus Bistro countless times but this is my first time reviewing it. We've never been disappointed with our meals; from brunch to 50th Anniversary Dinners (they have a private dining area that is lovely).
Moderately priced meals served in a beautiful old building right on the main street. They have some parking which is a real plus in Mahone Bay.
They make an amazing Caesar!!!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

My family came out to Nova Scotia to celebrate my graduation - we chose to eat here. However, for four people it was over $200 after tip - this would be fine for a celebratory dinner but the food was disappointing and the atmosphere felt more like a cafe than an expensive restaurant. We had the tenderloin with mashed potatoes, the fried chicken, and their nightly burger. The mashed potatoes were cold, the steak was good but only cooked rare rather than the medium that had been requested. The steak came with one small turnip and an unidentifiable green veggie. No sauce. The fried chicken was disappointing as well. Drinks were really good though - the caesar was fantastic and the coffee as well. Live music was nice but for a very pricy restaurant the price point does not add up.