“Best Restaurant by Far”

Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant is currently closed for the season
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My Husband and I have eaten at this restaurant since we moved to Nova Scotia 14 years ago.
We were there last for lunch yesterday. As usual the food was impeccable. It is always of the same high standard, made with quality ingredients.

We love the Fish Chowder which really is the best in Nova Scotia. The biscuits are delicious
the coffee first class. A blend I believe, we have asked. The Ham and Swiss Sandwich for lunch is my personal favourite. Ham and Swiss is nothing special until you have one at Kedy's Inlet

The Heavenly Chicken really is heavenly. Waitresses are great, service great, I have nothing but praise for this restaurant.

The menu is extensive, something for every taste. Decor delightful and view of the Churches is excellent.

1  Thank spilking
There are newer reviews for Kedy's Inlet

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Went to this restaurant twice during our recent three week visit to Lunenburg, and were totally pleased with all the items we ordered, all of which were from their seafood items. Both the Haddock and mussel soups were excellent. I truly enjoyed a delicious Halibut special, while my wife had Salmon, my son scallops and our guest the Haddock on the first visit, and all were prepared very well. Our second visit or guests had the shrimp and scallops, and the seafood skiberreen, while my wife went for scallops and I the Haddock. The service was very friendly both visits, and my son getting a solo happy Birthday from our lovely waitress (great voice) whose name unfortunately escapes me now. Located just at the end of Mahone bay, you get a nice view back to the three churches. Would not hesitate to go back if we get back to the area again.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

First time eating here since it became Kedy's Inlet. We had a fantastic meal. The haddock chowder is still the best I have ever tasted. The lamb goulash was absolutely delicious and the Creme Brûlée was amazing. We will be back!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stepping into the restaurant there's a real sense of history - older house, very well kept and nicely decorated. Most people were at tables outside, across from water with the famous view with 3 Churches. I prefer to eat inside. We were brought water and we both had a glass of home-made ice tea with no added sugar - good taste. We were also brought two oat scones and butter. I had a wonderful seafood stew - the thin broth had (I think) fennel in it. I haven't had such a good seafood stew in many years. Then I had a lemon mousse, which was very, very lemony and very good! Coffee was good too. My husband had cold gazpacho soup, linguine with smoked salmon and peas (so much salmon he couldn't possibly eat it all!) and a really good creme brulee.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is a great little restaurant my wife and I found on our recent trip to Nova Scotia. It is located on Mahone Bay inlet with a fantastic view of the bay, harbor and three beautiful churches. The food was very good, service friendly and fast. A very pleasant stop for us. We highly recommend you stop when in the area.