“Young Entrepreneur Learning Fast”

Rebecca's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Mahone Bay
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Rebecca’s Restaurant we strive to serve creative unique dishes that one can’t find anywhere else on the South Shore. Our menu is very diverse; satisfying the palates of seafood and meat lovers while also paying close attention to vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and common food restrictive allergies. More than 75% of our product is sourced locally from farmers and everything we make is made from scratch! Here at Rebecca’s we host many events! Our weekly live music features local musicians as well as many up and coming Canadian musicians touring through Nova Scotia with their latest albums. Every month we host a Theme night where we chose a country and develop a menu unique to that country's cuisine. At rebecca's you will experience a celebration of traditional as well as modern cooking styles. You won't be disappointed!
Lunenburg, Canada
“Young Entrepreneur Learning Fast”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Rebecca of Rebecca's Restaurant has taken a leap of faith in herself and in basing her success on quality and friendly service. She is a new entrepreneur in Mahone Bay and is starting off with all the right choices -- good quality food at normal prices with great service. We both had the haddock with pesto sauce, served with great hand-mash potatoes and barely cooked baby veggies. The guacamole that we shared to start had enough taco chips (often a problem) but was a bit skimpy on the guac for the $7 price tag. The mains (each priced under $20) were plentiful, however, and the fish cooked perfectly. Their pecan pie is worth risking the calories, but they put too much whipped cream on the plate -- a waste and it takes away from the focus of the dish. (Pretty minor complaint, wouldn't you agree?) Apparently they source most of their food locally and they plan to stay open in the non-tourist season. This is a refreshing change for us locals who need a reasonably-priced restaurant to treat ourselves once in a while in the winter, without always resorting to the local pubs.
The patio provides a great view of the harbour and the famous Three Churches; they plan to have live music from time to time; and in the summer, you can hear the Mahone Bay Legion Swing Band playing at the bandstand down the harbour front from 7-8 on Thursdays (when it is not raining). The indoor seating area is quite large - this is a big converted house -- so you can definitely plan large groups here with no problem. If you are in a rush, you can get appetizer, main and dessert in 45 minutes. But if you want to have a leisurely experience, just tell your server and they will accommodate you as well.
This is surely going to become a destination for many locals getting together for a shared lunch or dinner and should be on the list for visitors on a budget, but who want something a little more upscale than fast food and pub fare.

2 Thank Compuvideo

rhode island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I LOVE to eat great food and this place satifies.”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Had dinner at Rebecca's tonight. My first opportunity to do so and I was thoroughly satisfied - from the service to the view from the deck (overlooks the harbour in Mahone Bay) to the meal itself - all was delightful. The food is excellent here. To start, I had the curried carrot soup. Yum - just the right consistency with a little kick to it. My friend ordered the beet salad which I tasted. I love beets and these were some of the best beets I have ever tasted. For my main, I ordered the panko crusted pan fried haddock. The fish was so fresh and the entire dish was delicious. It came with mashed potatoes which have caramelized onion and garlic mashed into the potato. My two friends ordered the curried spaghetti squash dish. This was wonderful. For those who like curry you have got to try this dish. You won't be disappointed. To satisfy my sweet tooth (doesn't matter how full I am) I had the strawberry and blueberry crisp. Excellent. Not too tart and not too sweet - just right. Definitely will be going back. I checked out the Lunch menu while there for dinner. The falafel wrap sounds yummy - I must try and if it is as good as what is offered for dinner than I am sure that I will be once again be satisfied.

1 Thank lapns
Halifax, Canada
“Nothing but the best!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I've eaten here three times and have tried something entirely new each time and come away with a new favorite item on the menu. Absolutely delicious food and a very fresh new spot to eat in the area!

1 Thank Jonathan982
Toronto, Canada
“A good choice in Mahone Bay”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Had dinner at Rebecca's Restaurant with my wife and teenage daughter in July. We sat on the deck, which is right on the harbour; the deck is not fancy - wood deck with patio tables and umbrellas, but it is really pleasant and the view is great. The dinner menu is not extensive, but the food prep and presentation are well done. I had seared scallops done perfectly. My wife had a beet salad and lentil soup. Can't remember what my daughter ordered, but she is a picky vegetarian and she was happy. For dessert, we had an excellent strawberry shortcake. Menu prices seemed quite reasonable for the food quality. Wines available by the glass are decent, a little pricey - but we found that to be the case in any restaurants we visited in Lunenburg and Halifax. Service is friendly, casual, and attentive, which matches the vibe that I think they're trying for. Recommended.

1 Thank ActuRoady
“Great Chowder”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Had lunch there twice, and enjoyed the seafood chowder very much. Solid pieces of fish, lobster, mussels in the shell, centred by a bacon-wrapped scallop, in a lightly creamed base with a few pieces of vegetable. Very tasty! Will definitely return.

1 Thank Rick G