“Great Value Close to everything.”
Review of Tara Inn

Tara Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Glasgow
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at this Motel it was a great value, Very nice property, very clean and great value. Walking distance to a large Sunday Rummage Sale located across the street. Will stay again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: There is a Grave Yard Located behind some of the rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Practical, comfortable, convenient. This was booked for me by a colleague who knows that my travel priority, when on business, is a good sleep with reliable internet and breakfast ready early. Tara was an excellent choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The beds were terribly hard...confusing about the bill part, was charged extra for a delux room when economy room was requested, was charged a pet fee without notification of such....when I called about it, no apology was offered.. Little disappointed in the treatment I received from the management...I have stayed at this hotel every year in the past...will be checking around for another hotel next year though....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank 55Ally
Reviewed 12 September 2013

A pleasant surprise. A lovely quaint, homey motel with recent upgrades. For a budget price I got a beautiful room with windows on 2 sides allowing a nice cross breeze. Upgraded bathroom all shiny and bright. Bonus...free continental breakfast self-serve!
Cheryl and staff are super friendly and helpful. They even lent me some dishes to use in the microwave in my room. Great people....great location....very clean...what's not to like?
I will be staying an extra couple of days while I enjoy the lovely town of New Glasgow and area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Barry D
Reviewed 27 June 2013

At the end of the day it's nice to have a quiet evening in a comfy room. A friendly staff was accommodating with a late check-in and you can drive right to your door. The self serve continental breakfast was the perfect way to start the day. All and all a very pleasant stay..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank almac50
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The location is great and I found the staff to be very friendly. Our room was good value, as well as being clean and comfortable. It offered all the necessities, including Wi-Fi. It's a great place to stay if you are taking in some of the local points of interest or passing through on business.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My daughter and I stayed there the weekend of her wedding in New Glasgow. We had the whole top floor above the office, it was very spacious and modern, we had more than enough room for all our friends and family who dropped in for a visit. Since then whenever any of the family are in New Glasgow for a function, we always book our rooms at the Tara Inn, the prices are very reasonable, clean, modern rooms, lots of parking , green area for the kids to play, close to all amenities and the staff are wonderful. We would not think of staying anywhere else when we visit Pictou County.

Room Tip: I have stayed in various rooms and I cannot say one is better than the other but one suggestion I do...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
The Lionstone Inn
#2 of 3 in Pictou
1 mi away
No photo provided

Been to Tara Inn? Share your experiences!