“Nice little restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Nice little restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

After passing all those famous lobster restaurant in Nova Scotia, on our way home to Connecticut we stopped by this little restaurant. It is a little nice place. We ordered lobster dinner and it was served with meshed potato and sautéed veggies. Lobster was good. Meshed potato was different to my taste, no salt and no butter. I wouldn't change my way for this restaurant if it wouldn't on my way. But still it was good enough for the price you pay.

Falmouth, NS
“Great deal on Steak and Lobster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a great dinner of steak and lobster special. Steak was very good and the lobster was also tasty. This place has been here for a long time but always find the food to be excellent.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank abdcfish
New Glasgow, Canada
“Everything short cut - frozen vegies, factory cooked chicken...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

They are definitely focused on the bland clientele. If they did not have a "Seniors Special" we would have been alone in the restaurant. We did not order from the Seniors special and they did not have my first choice on the limited menu. ( I assume there was none in the freezer)
We had a Cesar (that is what they called it) which had yellow lettuce, a very tiny amount of cheese and virtually no dressing (not less than most places - virtually none). We did not eat much of it. They served dinner rolls you'd expect to get at a diner in the 1970s - we left them in the basket. The pasta we ordered had a thick, starchy goo for sauce and while there was lots of chicken in it, the chicken was obviously that precooked stuff from some factory - (was it tofu - not sure) it did have a flavor or texture of chicken. We ate very little and took the bill. The waitress was fine but did not seem to pick up on the fact we were not pleased with what we were served - just asked if we wanted it boxed up to take home. (we let them dispose of it)
They are priced like a 3-4 star restaurant not like the half star restaurant they are. The only consultation was that the wine was decent with a good price point.
Don't go there!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Nice soft steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I ordered the New York strip lion and it was like cutting through butter. Nicely seasoned and the mash was good. Vegies were soft and watery though which was my only complaint. The waitress was very humorous and actually helped me with a local Nova Scotia wine to purchase at the LC. Lol the east coasters know how to have a great time and the ppl here are no different.

• Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“For butter lovers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The fish is always good but they insist on putting butter on absolutely everything. My salmon was lovely but much too much quantity. The potatoes were dry and lumpy and the vegetables were almost non existent and greasy - mostly green peppers which I don't consider vegetables - yuk. My arteries will take a week to recover.

• Visited November 2013