“Breakfast”

East Side Family Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 54 Restaurants in New Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was very disappointed with my breakfast this morning. Overeasy eggs were over cooked and very greasy. Toast was soggy and not “toast like” at all, more like dark bread. :(. Ordered balogna as my meat - came with one very skinny piece of balogna where as the meal with bacon came with 3 pieces.

My Mom’s meal has backn, it was over cooked after specifically asking for it to be cooked less.

Had coffee, but was only asked when it was clear that we were done, if wanted more to drink. At this point we were getting ready to be leaving.

Was very disappointed:(

1  Thank Mom2kalen

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The East Side restaurant is a small family type restaurant. It’s an icon in our community and has been around for many years. The food has always been great. My niece and I had the liver and onions which was delicious. The guys had fish and chips and a chicken burger platter. They also enjoyed their choices. If you like small town restaurants with good food and a friendly atmosphere this is the place to go. The fact that it’s just across the street from our hospital makes it very convenient as well.

1  Thank bmaclellan2017
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Very good home style food at a great price. Nothing fancy but really good and repeatable. From all day breakfast to fish and chips the food is very good and the service is always friendly. A very good spot for families and seniors.

1  Thank Bike R
Reviewed 27 February 2018

After not 1 but 3 bad meals from this restaurant I think its time to give up any hope you will in any way improve...first bad meal was fish and chips the fish was raw and the chips still frozen....the second meal.... if you can call the trash we got a meal was a club sandwich in which I got moldy bread....I'm a strong believe in anyone can have a bad day ....so I gave you one more chance after having had the flu for a week I needed a good solid meal in my somatic one I was not strong enough to make ...I ordered chicken ,mashed potatoes,pea's and Carrots.....what I got was a piece of what looked liked mangled chicken that looked and tasted like white liver .... 2 globs of instant potatoes that tasted like paste covered in a sorry excuse of a gravy ...used to hide the fact that the potatoes were paste and in no way a potato but some chemically produced mush....2 slices of carrots which I must say was thy only thing eatable on the entire plate ....and peas so hard they could in no way be thought of as cooked....I don't know if this is simply your way of treating your customers that use your take out service...but as a Costumer I was not happy with the service i received...you call your self a family restaurant....sit your family down to the meal you gave mine see if they will eat it....it was the end for me.... you have no idea how to cook and should not be running a public food service ..and I will be reporting you to the health department... the meals I did get that were unfit for human consumption.

2  Thank Peggy F
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Ate there twice, lobster sandwich was good, nice and fresh. Could have used a little more lobster (but what lobster sandwich doesn't?) with no filler. You got lobster on bread and lettuce. Chicken noodle soup was obviously homemade and quite good. Lunch next day was excellant. Liver and onions were doen well, liver tender and not tough. Seafood platter was very good, 2 nice pieces of haddock with a few breaded scallops and some cold lobster meat. All very fresh. The breaded scallops were frozen and not really very good but the other items made up for this. Prices were very reasonable. Service was fast and attentive. Meals were very fast yet not something that was sitting around under a heat lamp. Just very efficient, the way a diner should be. would be more than happy to go back for another meal.