“Fascinating shop - so much to learn!”

Parrsboro Rock & Mineral Shop & Museum
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My family and I visited this shop & museum for the first time in May, 2014, and the experience was great! There are tons of rocks and minerals to look at (and purchase), and also lots of displays to read and learn from. The gentleman who owns the shop has dedicated his life's work to finding and studying these rocks and minerals, and this spot is displays some amazing work.

The best part about our visit was that we got to meet the owner, who has made some very noteworthy finds. He gave us a personal tour of the shop and museum, explaining the history of the rocks and minerals on display, and telling us details about his experiences in geology. He was extremely kind, and the information he shared was absolutely fascinating! For anyone interested in learning more about local (and not so local) geography, this is truly the place!

1  Thank SpotlessUnicorn

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I loved seeing their collection of fossils. They also had a very good selection of agates for the area plus a good variety from around the world.

I tried all the rock shops in town and Parrsboro Rock and Mineral Shop & Museum had the most affordable offerings. They had a good supply of inexpensive items for children, but also some nicer pieces that adult collectors might like.

They also had some jewelry.

Staff were very helpful in showing us a variety of items I was interested in and then boxing up my selections for my trip home.

1  Thank sfharper
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had been here several years ago and was amazed at the amount of work that had been done .Very enjoyable experience for 56 people on bus trip .

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Great place to compare what you collected on the beach to their fossils and gem stones. Good idea to go there first to have a better idea what to look for.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 August 2013

If you have any interest in rocks and fossils, you will LOVE this little shop! It is packed with seemingly no end of beautiful things! There are a great variety of sizes and prices of rocks and fossils. And the museum was AMAZING! The world's smallest dinosaur footprints were a huge surprise and imagine my delight when Mr. George himself took the time to show me around and talk to me about some of his finds! He even helped me to find a few special 'pieces' to bring home! I definitely want to go back!

1  Thank TracyRuth