“Beautiful gem of a resort!”
Review of Cove Motel

Cove Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Hastings
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was there on July 11th,12th and 13th for my Aunts burial and my cousin Robyns Run in Mulgrave. Many of my relatives stayed there too that weekend. It was a sad occasion but it turned out to be one of our first annual cousin reunions. We've decided that every year we are all returning here for a fun filled weekend. We will be bringing water mattresses and tubes. What a great place to have a family vacation. The rooms are spacious and very clean and the staff is beyond friendly! I would highly recommend this resort! I enjoyed sitting on the small dock at night sipping a glass of wine and reminiscing with my cousins. And now because of our stay there we all have children who are also looking forward to going back next year. I would suggest though that you bring bug repellant with you as you are right on the water and they do get a bit heavy at night.We all made beautiful memories that weekend and can't wait to return next summer! Oh. and the beach combing behind the hotel was awesome. We were able to walk almost to the Irving on the beach and found some interesting items on the beach. See you next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2014

After touring Cape Breton Island on our motorcycle, this was our stop for the night. We received a discount for being on a motorcycle. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The view from the restaurant and our room was amazing, facing towards the water and Cape Breton Island. The room was very spacious and clean. We had a wonderful night's sleep in the comfortable bed. I would highly recommend this motel!

Room Tip: Rooms at back of motel face the water and Cape Breton Island.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a little gem of a motel whether you re just staying one or two nights or for several days. The motel rooms are very clean. There is a refrigerator in the room. The restaurant is great. I never had a disappointing meal. The staff at the motel are friendly, courteous and helpful.I would recommend the rooms on the water view side.

Room Tip: Rooms on the water view side are spacious, clean and you can't beat the views of the Canso strai...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2014

If you like different and trendy, this is the place to stop. We stopped here due to it's location. Behind half way between Halifax and Cape breton made this hotel an idea spot to catch some rest. The spot was very unique with a beautiful view. The staff were very nice and the service was good. The only bad point was that the room was very musty and damp.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Tony C, Owner at Cove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thanks for the review!

I'm truly sorry that several of our guests have found their rooms to be musty. I've seen how hard our housekeeping staff work to care for the rooms, but on a humid day such as the ones we've recently had, I understand that the humidity can make things uncomfortable.

We're absolutely committed to making your stay a comfortable one, so we will be installing new air conditioners and running them for some time before expected guest arrival.

As mentioned in some other comments, we are new owners and doing our best to address our guests' feedback as quickly as we can. We hope that while we do, your experience was still an enjoyable one, and we look forward to providing you with a 5-star experience on your next visit!

Regards,
Tony

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Cove Motel was central to our Nova Scotia experience. Situated between the mainland and Cape Breton it gave us access to most of Nova Scotia for our 3 day stay. Reasonable prices and excellent food!

Room Tip: For a little extra, choose the water side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Excellent location, beautiful views, friendly staff. I was told the food at the restaurant on site was great but the dining room closed at 8 p.m. which was too early for us. Regarding the cabin. It was very private, looked modern on the outside which is always nice. The inside however needed some updating. The floor had carpet which was full of stains. The floor was very uneven to walk on I and kept losing my balance when I walked in. The room desperately needed to be dusted, around the lamps and the wooden base boards. The mattress had to be at least 30 years old. The bathroom floor was redone horribly and it showed. I would like to stay here again only if these cabins are updated. It's to bad because this place has so much potential. I will return, maybe it was just that cabin I stayed in. I did book last minute so who knows.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The room was spacious, tidy and clean, had a refrigerator, and a marvelous view of the Strait of Canso, and the restaurant served superb food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner;,polite, corteous servers, and excellent wines and a well stocked bar as well.

Room Tip: The rooms facin g the Strait were the best - wonderful view. Very relaxing and tranquil time
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Dundee Resort & Golf Club
Fair Isle Motel
Fair Isle Motel
#1 of 2 in Whycocomagh

Been to Cove Motel? Share your experiences!