“In the middle of no where on the way to Cape Breton.”

Sandeannie's Bakery and Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Port Hood
Cuisines: Canadian, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: Sandeannie's is a feeling of home as you walk through the door and experience the subtle smells of home baking.You just want to relax with a friend and enjoy a breakfast or something from our lunch menu or maybe just a little something sweet.
Annapolis, Maryland
“In the middle of no where on the way to Cape Breton.”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Awesome apple pastry from the bake shop! I had a good grilled haddock filet with a salad. This place exceeded my expectations. Super clean and friendly. There are many tempting treats. The restaurant was packed!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Ed W

Nyack, New York
“Excellent home cooking at very fair prices”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I recently spent two vacation days in Port Hood, home of the loveliest and longest beaches in all of Atlantic Canada, but its restaurant selection is decidely limited. Having suffered through the slow service at the Clove Hitch, I wasn't going to go back unless I had to. So I went to Sandeannie's and was very pleased with everything I ordered:" tasty fried clams and a fine Caesar salad, delivered with fine, courteous, punctual service. I would definitely go back, which I won't do at the Clove Hitch until I read here that its service has improved.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank RichieNyack
Halifax, Canada
“Island's Best Porridge Bread”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Sandeannie's has lots of delicious treats to temp you and a nice lunch menu, but for us the reason we stop is to pick-up a supply of their Porridge Bread. We've scoured the island in search of the best and this is it. For those that don't know what it is, it's a popular island bread used for sandwiches, toast , dinner. Similar to brown bread, but not as heavy and oh so much tastier.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank NovaScotia552
sandeannies, Owner at Sandeannie's Bakery and Tea Room, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I would like to say Thank You to those of you who visited sandeannie's and gave thier review which were all very positive ...thank you and may you all have a great visit to our area...without you we would not be here.....Deannie Rankin Owner/Manager
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great breakfast, a little pricy”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We have enjoyed breakfast at Sandeannie's on several occasions while in Cape Breton. The food quality is consistently great, but the price is a little high. Be sure to check out the amazing local photos on the wall and their for sale. Very friendly staff and comfortable environment.

Halifax, Canada
“good breakfast”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Welcoming and clean. We had bacon and eggs and a breakfast sandwich. Food very tasty and good value.

Visited October 2013