“A very enjoyable visit.”
Review of Fair Isle Motel

Fair Isle Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Whycocomagh
Halifax, Canada
“A very enjoyable visit.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I am currently thoroughly enjoying my stay at the Fair Isle Motel. We checked in Friday evening and will be checking out tomorrow (Monday) morning. It was a last minute getaway and fortunately all of the big chains were full, forcing us to look online for something (we found a much better deal!). I read the reviews and was very impressed with what I read. I was especially pleased to hear about how fantastic Christena (the Operator/Manager) is!

Christena gave us an amazing deal and we were able to upgrade our room (room 8). I was very impressed when we entered. We had a minifridge, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster. It's decorated in neutral colours and was comfortable for our needs. The beds are comfortable and I didn't hear any noise through the walls (hopefully the neighbour's didn't hear us, since we're traveling with a toddler). The pool area is very clean and we were happy to be able to use it. There is a trampoline and small playground on the opposite side of the property that my son was able to try out. Also, a cute little dog can be found wandering around the property.

I'm loving my stay and wish we were staying longer! We're definitely going to try to come back next year and I'll be recommending it to all of my friends!

Thanks for everything!
Melissa

P.S. I love the benches and flowers outside in front of the rooms. I didn't get a chance to sit down, but they are very welcoming!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
fairislemotel, Manager at Fair Isle Motel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
I wish you could see the smile on my face and the happy tears in my eyes from reading your review :) It's knowing our guests have enjoyed their stay that makes this job so enjoyable !!! But to read this knowing you were still here at the time , is so amazing :) Thank you !
All the best to you and your Husband and your absolute adorable little boy :) Maybe with the little rain we did manage to get this week he was able to find a few puddles to jump in whereever you were :)
Enjoy the rest of your summer,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great Manager, she was very accommodating , no charge for use of fax machine. Clean and comfortable room, fridge, microwave, coffee pot and toaster.
Great affordable prices.
Highly recommend it. Great location to tour the Cabot Trail from.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
fairislemotel, Manager at Fair Isle Motel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you so much for the lovely review :) It was great to meet you and your husband this trip and was only to happy to help when you needed your work printed and faxed.
Please say hi to your travelling companions and tell them it was so nice to see them again :)
Safe travels and happy summer !
Christena
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very pleased to have discovered this motel on the internet. Otherwise, might have missed it. The owner was friendly and super-helpful. She really cares about her guests.

Most important of all, the room was fantastic. It was large, clean, and nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable and had lots of pillows.

Just a five-minute walk down the highway was Charlene's Restaurant - a cozy place where I enjoyed a delicious, home-cooked breakfast.

I recommend this motel for a relaxed, comfortable stay. I continued my journey the next morning, but I look forward to returning soon and staying longer to explore Cape Breton Island.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
fairislemotel, Manager at Fair Isle Motel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review :) It was certainly lovely to meet you both too! I hope the rest of your trip will add to many memories and stories to share with those at home :)
Till we meet again,
Safe travels,
Christena
Sarnia
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stopped in after a long day driving. Excellent service, good price. Great view. Wish we could have stayed to appreciate the community and spend time in the pool. Lots of recent upgrades including tv, wifi, fixtures, smooth driveway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed at the Fair Isle Motel trying to avoid some of the pricier places in the heart of Cape Breton. The location was good and the area had some nice close amenities and things to do. We hiked Salt Mountain while we were there for a great view of Whycocomagh Bay and Bras d'Or Lake.

The staff was very friendly, they allow pets in the motel - rooms were very clean and had lots of nice touches such as fridge, microwave, toasted, coffee and flat screen tv. There was also a pool for kids to play in. The motel has a great view as well.

Overall we were very pleased with our stay at the fair isle and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Didn't expect a super clean, up to date (big flat screen TV) motel on the highway. Very nice room to crash!! We were super tired after 11 hours of siteseeing and when I entered this room I was surprised to see exactly what I had hoped for. This motel is for crashing, nothing more nothing less. We had the room with the king size bed... Everything was new. You could tell!!

There was an expensive place to eat down the road a little bit the Auld Brass Door Restaurant. Loved the chowder!!

Room Tip: I can only talk about the King size bed room
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Another year, another great stay at the Fair Isle Motel. Once again we enjoyed the super comfy beds, the pleasant decor, the tidy pool, and the view of the lake. And once again we were blown away by the kindness and charm of our lovely hostess Christena. The requests that we had (bottle openers, room change, extra stuff, directions, etc) were all dealt with laughter and patience.

We used it as a home base for three nights, and couldn't have been happier. Not to mention - that the best fish chowder that I've ever had in my very food-oriented life, was just down the road. Fabulous!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whycocomagh
Silver Dart Lodge
The Iona Heights Inn
Hebridean Motel
Hebridean Motel
#1 of 1 in Port Hood

Been to Fair Isle Motel? Share your experiences!