“Great chowder”

Charlene's Bayside Cafe
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Relaxed diner, family friendly dining with hearty home cooked meals.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

One of the best seafood chowders I have had!!!
My family spent almost 2 weeks in the Maritimes (PEI and NS) and I had seafood chowder in many places. This was by far the best; it was all seafood and no fillers (potato) that I had in many other places.
The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful; we were trying to find a ceilidh to go to and the staff went out of their way to find all the information they could to help us.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The chowder was delicious, even my kids loved it! The eggs breakfast was outstanding. I've never had eggs that tasted so good. Maybe they were farm fresh eggs? They could toast their bread a bit more so it resembles toast more than slightly coloured bread.

Wouldn't recommend the dinner at Charlenes. Lasagna was reheated, possibly in a microwave, burgers were frozen and tasted ok, Caesar salad was good but again the croutons, which are obviously homemade could use a higher setting on the toaster.

1  Thank Sabmik1713
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We drove from Sydney 1 hr to Charlene's for the seafood chowder as we heard it was the best. It is the best and there is absolutely no potato in the chowder..... all seafood. There is nothing we hate more than using potato to fill the chowder and very little seafood. The price was worth it. Fresh homemade large tea biscuit comes with it too. Check it out

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Tried their seafood chowder which they state contains 7 different kinds of seafood. Large pieces of lobster, with scallops, shrimp, mussels and clams as well as some fish. Their chowder broth is not thick although full of fresh seafood. Pan fried haddock is delicious. I have a big appetite and it was difficult to finish my plate. We'll be back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The chowder was fantastic, however the price of a soup and sandwich left a sour taste in my mouth. Three of us had a soup, a sandwich and a drink and the cost was 60$!!!! 5$ for a grilled cheese with processed cheese!!!