“Must-stop place on the way to the Cabot Trail”
Review of Farmers Daughter

Farmers Daughter
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Whycocomagh
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My family and some friends stopped at the Farmers Daughter on our way to the Cabot Trail in July 2012. One of our friends was a Cape Breton native, and insisted that we had to stop here. So glad we did! My family loved the baked goods and had a wonderful meal. As a diabetic, I especially appreciated the no-sugar added fare. The gift shop was lots of fun, especially since I was able to find a bottle of maple syrup in the shape of a violin to take back home for a musical friend. This place is homey and wonderful, and a great addition to our vacation in Cape Breton; we liked it so much, we stopped again on our way back to Halifax!

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Every time I'm in the area I just love taking a stop in (especially in the fall). The fudge is to die for which is what I get every time! Pricy but worth it. Loaves are delicious and also the restaurant has great food. The vibe you get is that country vibe it's perfect!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

You walk through the door and are immediately hit with a smell that brings you back to Nana's kitchen. It's incredible. Ordered the chicken for dinner and while waiting spent my time picking out all sorts of treats etc. Bread, biscuits, squares and the most amazing raisin cake I ever tasted. Shaped like a giant steering wheel into flavor heaven !! Weighs about 10 lbs and is worth every penny. Place was very clean and friendly. A must must stop on your trip !

Reviewed 16 August 2013

It was a good stop for a sandwich or some fudges. They have freshly baked goods. Good stop on the Cabot tail.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Saw the signs saying "Visit Me" so we stopped. We have driven by this place for years and dont know why but we just never stopped. Now when ever we go through we will make it a point to stop. Fresh bread and cookies, and Scotsburn ice cream. They even had a great gift shop and our favorite Dragon's Breath Cheese.